• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Kane

Cage Fitment & Supplier Recommendation

Kane

Looking for some advice with choosing a cage supplier, or at least a supplier of the main roll hoop and front legs. I'll be ordering lengths of CDS so won't require a full weld in kit but want to make sure that clearance to the A & B pillars isn't of the scale that you could park a bike in there. 

Photo's of fitted cages and their relevant suppliers would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

Kane 

barneys66

Safety Devices for me..

36864111406_fbadb5aae9_h.jpg

36885132451_14f9921f58_k.jpg

36863817286_2611d4be80_b.jpg

36881390072_631aa99d1d_b.jpg

36655315800_f14b6b14c1_k.jpg

Kane

Thanks for the pictures Barney. I've seen a couple like yours where they've been sized to clear the dash (think the OMP one is similar). Ideally I'm looking for the front legs to follow the door aperture. Dash will be chopped as required to fit it in so not concerned there. Have you got a product reference as I'm sure there are a few safety devices spec cages? 

Kane

I'd looked at the custom cages website a couple of times before but hadn't realised there were more pictures if you scrolled along. Looks like that'll do just the ticket. Plus side is they (or their sister company tube-bender) offer bending services for one off bits as well so getting just the main hoop and front legs shouldn't be an issue. Cheers Mei

Miles

Look at the Challenge spec SD cage, that has front leg's thru the dash and proper harness bar's on it, Avoid anything OMP

barneys66

No worries.  Car is tucked up for the winter, but I'm heading over to the workshop at the weekend.

Let me know if you still want me to find the number.

Kane

Cheers Miles I'll have a look.

Should be fine for now Barney but thanks for the offer!