• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Gti6 no spark/fuel

boldy205

Hello!

I have a Gti6 converted 205 Gti, using a Pug Racing conversion loom. After the last track day it died.

Sometimes the thing starts, other times when I switch the ignition on there is a random on/off feed to the fuel pump, and the engine won't fire up.

Under all circumstances the starter works.

I have checked, poked, prodded etc all the wires I can see, I'm at a loss.

I presume using the Pug Racing loom conversion i dont have the original tachimetric relay, but the 306 double relay instead?

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

Anthony

Should have the double relay, probably located next to the ECU behind the battery if it's like most GTi-6 looms.  I'd try swapping out that relay as a first port of call and maybe try another crank sensor next.

boldy205

Hi Anthony, yes it does have the 306 double ECU, this was new from Peugeot 2 years ago, I k ow they have a reputation, but haven't gone there yet due to it boy being that old. 

Crank sensor wouldn't stop the pump priming would it?

Thanks

Anthony

No, crank sensor (or any other sensor in fact) won't stop the initial ignition-on fuel pump prime.  It will stop the ECU seeing the engine turning over and thus spark/injection and making the fuel pump run post-priming.

If you're saying that it's not priming either, there isn't really an awful lot it can be if you also don't have spark - check you've a good earth, check you've got the expected voltages with ignition on and off at the relay pins, and if both of those are good, try another ECU and relay.  Worth double checking that the immobiliser is working properly if you have one fitted - wouldn't be the first time I've seen these cut the ignition feed and cause all manner of intermittent issues, but usually they cut starter and fuel pump (and thus if the starter is working, wouldn't be responsible for the no spark symptom)

boldy205

Anthony, you have pretty much confirmed my thoughts.  I think ill try another double relay. 

Fingers crossed

Much appreciated!

Matt

welshpug

unless the case is damaged I doubt its the cause with it only being 2 years old, but it would be a good place to start with a multimeter or power probe, grab a copy of a wiring diagram or download a pdf that I posted in a topic on here a while back and see how your permanent lives and switched live are looking.

boldy205

Good shout welshpug.  I'll take a look.

Cheers!