• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

villemil

205 XR Alternator Upgrade?

villemil

Hey guys! I'm going to get Peugeot 205 XR as my first car and I'm planning to put there a big subwoofer. Obviously a big woofer needs a lot power so what is the biggest alternator I can upgrade to without too much modding (welding etc)?

dawning

If it's a 50 amp one you can get a 70 amp and it should be the same mountings as it was standard in colder countries a belive.

villemil

Okay, I can do some basic mods. If I need to change pulleys and mountings it is okay for me. I'm hoping to get 90A and up alternator. I'm going to install 4000w amplifier to it so it need extra batteries and biggest alternator I can fit there.

And

There is 70amp on the v belt type witch is what I run, but on the later multi rib there is think it’s 100amp but could be 110amp but obviously you need the matching crank pulley but they look to be a direct fit otherwise for bolting on as long as you get one from a TU5, it’s just the wiring side that you need to rewire the excite wire to a plug.

I have looked into it but for different reasons I have noticed though there looks to be two types of alternator bodies so just pick the one that is the same as your mount.