• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

steve@cornwall

Sumps...... Interchangeability.

steve@cornwall

I have a XU 10 2.0 16v engine in my CTI and need to change the sump. I already have both alloy and tin XU9 sumps.

Will either fit? Sure I've read of GTI6 sumps being used on the 1.9mi engine which has me thinking.

DrSarty

GTI6 alloy sump fits fine and has a trap door/baffle. I seem to remember the XU10J4 being steel although it may have had a baffle.

I've always used GTI6 ones, although the XU7JP4 sump I'm sure is the same.

Long time no hear Steve. I've got a '6 sump if you need one.

Edited by DrSarty

steve@cornwall

Well hi there Rich. Long time no hear. I seem to be spending more time on small 2 strokes these days more than the 205s. Parts are much lighter and you can double the output with a carb and a Dremel!

Mine is an xu10 (r I believe) from a 306 xsi cabriolet. Had Air con and Pas off an alloy sump. One of the air con compressor mounting lugs was cracked off ( epoxied back on!) and the sump plug threads are stripped.

Did you use the gti6 sump on the 1.9 alloy mi block? If so it would seem that the XU9 sump (1.9) would fit. XU 9 tin sump would suit best just because I have one already removed and ready to go and I'd prefer not to split the mi.

Miles

No 1.9 sump's fit unless of a 8v 405 as they are shallower due to the skirt plate, I'd go like for like ish as otherwise it's bolts as well

welshpug

any XU10 sump will do you, as will XU5 and 7.

xu9 with the spacer are shallower.

steve@cornwall

Bugger! But thanks

DrSarty

BTW, the GTI6 sump (and maybe the XU7 too) have a bar steward big casting on the front that often needs grinding off.