• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

jimmi

Be1 Clutch Cable - Need New One

jimmi

Am I correct in thinking there are 2 types of cable for the BE1 gearbox ? ... There is no part number on the old cable . Anyone know the demensions etc ?

welshpug

yes, depends on the fitting into the bottom of the pedal box, there's an early bayonet type which you need to twist by 90 degrees like a lightbulb, or a later one with a round hole.

jimmi

Welshpug : the old cable (which has been burnt somehow) fits to top of clutch pedal via a clevis pin and swivel bracket I have a pic but don't know how to upload it ? Also any idea where I would get OE bolts and bushes for clutch and brake pedals ( where they are bolted at top into pedal box ) ?

farmer

That look likes 2150.97

A few on eBay under that number

I have some old stock genuine cables

Edited by farmer

welshpug

thats just an image search of the 4 different types of cable used on a 205 gti, you need to look at your cable and pedal box, pre 1990 all used the clevis pin attachments but there are two types of pedal box hole as I mentioned.

jimmi

That look likes 2150.97

A few on eBay under that number

I have some old stock genuine cables

How much you need for genuine cable ? - if correct item I would take two of them

Jim

farmer

For 2 I woukd take 70 posted

Last rrp was 35 each

farmer

Just checked both mine are motaquip old stock

PSA item still

Would do same price for 2

jimmi

My cable is as per the pic with blue backgound:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=peugeot+205+gti+clutch+cable&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKE44651839139wjGp42Wp4_WAhWGYlAKHfdaDXoQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=ZKebcPHjj0CAdM

with clevis pin end at pedal and a push in round hole end with grommet where it seats in bulkhead .... still not sure of part number - total length from end to end on cable is 1570 mm and 1355 mm from collar to collar on the cable plastic cover

farmer

That's what I have

Send me you email or number over private mail and send some pics