• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stew205

Brake Bias And Master Cylinder Questions

stew205

Does anybody now the exact type of master cylinder which I need to get hold of to reduce the brake pedal movement when using 4pots?? And where to get it as my local brown brothers don't stock the 406 one which I'm told fits?

I'm also fitting a bias valve which controls the braking to the rear. So I'm planning to run a single brake line to the rear through the bias valve then split it in two to connect the rear calipers.

What I need to know is why did Peugeot split the braking on the 1.6 front to back and on the 1.9 diagonal?? Was it for reliablity reasons or something more complex to do with handling??

Thanks

Stew

cybernck

pre-1998 non-abs (4-hole) 406 23.8mm one :).

btw, newer 306 and 406 ones won't fit on your servo and will have 2 holes due to having ABS.

diagonal split or not, they've had a front+rear brake per m/c output, which is more important

in this case, and yes i think it makes some difference comparing to 1.6 configuration.

also, if you're planning to do it like that, might be easier to get a 2-hole master cylinder

and split the front output to the front brakes, as you'd have to use a splitter to bridge

the rear brakes anyway <_<.

Pugnut

so the two outlet 306 23mm m/c wont fit the 205 servo ?

Miles

The 2 hole M/S does fit as thats what I run on my 309, Just use a spitter for the front. The Diag split is done for safety reason to help prevent brake fail but if the M/S does fail you loose the brakes anyway :wacko:

cybernck

pugnut> it will fit if it's a pre-1998.

i'll elaborate the splitting next time i log in.

Pugnut

thanks nick , i'm sussed on how to split the lines with a two outlet m/c but i'm confused as to whether the cylinder itself will fit my servo .

Miles says the two outlet m/c fits and cybernck says that the pre 98 m/c will fit . i was told that this m/c was off a 99' model gti6 and has two outlets ?

StuF215

They both will fit but earlier ones have 4 holes so no need to split the outlets, and the later abs ones only have 2 so you have to split those ones.

pug_ham

Some of the newer ones don't fit because the mounting flange is sat at a different angle (\ instead of - )to the 205 servo when the earlier ones are the same exact servo.

AndyR had loads of trouble trying to get the correct one from his local dealer iirc.

Graham.:wacko:

cybernck

i'll second that.

Sign in to follow this