• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Mi16/gti6 Inlet Manifolds

Andy

Quick question. Can anyone tell me at what point in the development of the XU9J4/ xu10j4 the inlet manifold throttle body acquired a throttle pot rather than a switch? Reason for the question is just that I wondered about running my XU9J4 on an o.e inlet, throttle pot and Emerald ecu and saving the Jenveys I have for an XU10 build later. I imagine the change will coincide with the deletion of the air flow meter , but may be incorrect.

Andy

Simes

The pot came with that inlet manifold, it may though have been used elsewhere.

I had this exact set up a few years ago prior to adding bodies. Check my build thread, there's also another thread all about this.

Andy

Thank you. I have just had a quick read of your rebuild project. So helpful thank you. What is most interest is that you did away with the o.e Inlet and went to bodies partly to improve the low speed driving as you had cams. Given that I also will have cams, and already have Jenveys I will stick to my original plan and not bother trying to use an o.e inlet with plenum

Andy

Simes

I originally went with the gti-6 setup because the butterflies were wearing out and with the emerald it got rid of the Bosch side of things, all ignition moving parts.

Jenvey s came later, the money has been well spent!

Go straight to bodies, you won't regret it.