• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Gavin Waddell

1.6 Gti Wont Run Properly ( Cuts Out And Won't Rev )

Gavin Waddell

Hey guys need some help

I wanted to take my gti out for a spin this weekend, car started fine and after about 5 it started to play up was driving along and the revs seemed to just die then would come back and rev normally then would cut out again, Like it wasnt getting fuel properly. It was reply limp home mode as soon as I accelerated it would just not want to rev I could accelerate but nothing happened the it wouldn't just shoot up the revs. Im stumped.

It did the same about two weeks ago but only once or twice at the time the fuel relay wasn't attached properly and I thought it could be that as it was flapping about a bit,. Can than really affect a realy operating. I could hear the fuel pump whinnying so ruled out fuel delivery or not?

Then car has had new leads, dizzy cap rotor arm, temp sensor ( febi one) and emissions where set up for not

It rely p$$$ed me off.

Any Help or advice would be appreciated gavin

toolie72

Borrow a known good air flow meter?

Gavin Waddell

Would live to but i live in switzerland and they never got the boho version over here

Gavin Waddell

Sorry bloody predicated txt meant to say they never got the 115 Bhp version over her only 105 versions

Telf

The airflow meter is either a 1.6 or 1.9 version... borrow the reLavant one.

PhilNW

Check fuel pump and pressures

Edited by PhilNW

Gavin Waddell

Ok thanks guys, unthinking it my be the airflow as the car wasn't really stuttering as if the fuel pressure was dropping off but more hesitating as if it wasn't getting enough air.

For Checking fuel pressure what's the norm plug in pressure gauge or check fuel delivery with large bucket over a period of time. As so I get litres per minute?

Gavin

Gavin Waddell

Ok so took her out for a spin and nothing nonplayingnup what's so ever, it had trouble stating it would cut out so had a fiddle with the fuel relay and it started fine and ran with no hiccups. There like bloody women these cars :) will see how I get on

Thanks for your advice guys will probably do a check up over winter.

Gavin

scottc2010

I replaced the pipe from the oil filler cap to the sump - this helped a lot as mine had completely split - about 24 pounds from peugeot

scottc2010

also, if you are losing oil pressure it could be the oil pressure relief valve - about £3.50 again from Peugeot (don't use eBay as they rip you off saying they have a performance part for £8 which is actually just the same one from Peugeot)

You will need the valve (discharge piston) - part number 113313 and the piston spring - part number 115711

PhilNW

Ok thanks guys, unthinking it my be the airflow as the car wasn't really stuttering as if the fuel pressure was dropping off but more hesitating as if it wasn't getting enough air.

For Checking fuel pressure what's the norm plug in pressure gauge or check fuel delivery with large bucket over a period of time. As so I get litres per minute?

Gavin

Fuel pump should be able to deliver 45psi just after the pump but will deliver below that figure depending on revs

Tap into the pump with a proper fuel pressure guage (machinemart do one, lots on ebay)

Sounds exactly like what happened to mine, when tested was showing about 16psi