• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kachel

D6B On Dfz Management?

kachel

Is it possible to run a d6b engine on dfz management? I want to put the d6b in my CTI. I guess i need to change the flywheel from the dfz to the d6b engine? Anything more?

Type-R

Wouldn't it be better to swap the d6b head on to the dfz instead? :unsure:

welshpug

It will run, definitely needs the flywheel if your ecu uses a crank sensor, swap any other part which is different, dizzy etc.

the map ob the ecu will not be ideal however, given the not insignificant power differences due to camshaft profile and compression ratio.

the best approach would be to use the D6B wiring loom and complete injection and ignition system.

petert

Yes, it will run fine. I've tuned DFZ engines with 10.5:1 and 280 deg cam timing. Ideally you need to rework the dizzy centrifugal advance however. Don't be greedy with the static timing. Keep it at 10-11 deg. BTDC. DFZ doesn't need a trigger flywheel. It's regular Jetronic. You might be thinking of DKZ or DFW Motronic versions.

• Like 1

kachel

Thanks all! So i can use the wire loom of the dfz for the d6b engine because there both jetronic? I should use the complete ignition of the dfz and keep the static timing at 10-11 deg?

Or is it beter to use the d6b head ons the dfz Block?

petert

D6B head on DFZ block is the best option but it gives 10.8:1 from memory. Thus you'll need good fuel. You should use the D6B dizzy.

kachel

Would RON 98 be sufficient?

10.8:1 would be good enough for a sharper camshaft? (in case of putting the d6b head on the dfz block)

Out of curiosity, why would I be needing the d6b dizzy?

petert

Sharper? I think you mean fatter. Yes.

I'm not sure if the D6B and DFZ dizzy are the same part. I do know that the centrifugal advance comes in very early on the DFZ and results in pinging around 2200-2500 when you increase the CR significantly. Thus the need to keep the static timing conservative. Ideally you'd regraph the dizzy so the advance comes in later and ends earlier, so you could run 15 deg static. A trip to H&H would solve the problem.

Henry Yorke

There is a difference in the AFM and ECU between the DFZ and the D6B as well.