• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Rik

Up To Date Window/windscreen Seals Asvice

Rik

Hello, not been on here for a while. Still got my old 205 gti and about to have it fully restored and wanted to know what could be done with window seals.

Ideally i'd like to buy everything NEW. But this, i assume wil lnot be possible. From reaearch i have have found that:

Windscreen - New ones are no longer available. The only ones I’ve seen are from scrap yards or non-main dealers.

However, after reading a few threads on 205gtidrivers forum, people have successfully removed the windscreen and refit using the same glass & seal.

Can a new one be bought?

Front Window sealsP/N 9023E3 Door Weatherstrip, £60.40 each. (however this was 7 years ago)

Rear Window Seals – (NEW ONES HERE)

Bootlid Window Seal – Very difficuly to replace and is bonded on. - Is it worth repalcing?

Would like to get an update on the art of the possible.

Many thanks in advance

Richard

welshpug

new screens are still available.

Rik

Sorry i was referring to Windscreen Seals - I'll be re-paiting the car and want to strip all the glass out.

Pugleyrich

I bought a new windscreen seal recently but I'm afraid I can't remember where from! Was £40 and was aftermarket, but looked exactly the same as my old one. There is definitely already a company reproducing them (non sunroof only though)

Gaz205

I bought a new windscreen seal recently but I'm afraid I can't remember where from! Was £40 and was aftermarket, but looked exactly the same as my old one. There is definitely already a company reproducing them (non sunroof only though)

Is there a difference between non sunroof and sunroof windscreens and seals then?

Anthony

Is there a difference between non sunroof and sunroof windscreens and seals then?

Yes. The seal for cars with the factory (vacuum) sunroof has a raised lip at the top to help divert air over the top of the sunroof.

You can use a non-sunroof seal on a car with a sunroof, but I suspect it'll be more noisy and have more wind buffeting than with the correct seal.

Pugleyrich

Just had a quick Google - can't find the one I bought but Spoox seem to sell them at about £65 new (but I expect they are cheaper elsewhere)

Gaz205

Yes. The seal for cars with the factory (vacuum) sunroof has a raised lip at the top to help divert air over the top of the sunroof.

You can use a non-sunroof seal on a car with a sunroof, but I suspect it'll be more noisy and have more wind buffeting than with the correct seal.

Always learning! Thanks for that

Rik

Thanks for the replies guys. Will try Spoox. I'll need a sunroof one so hope they still do them

farmer

I would go to the Peugeot museum for that sunroof one

Callum

Restarting this thread, I need a new sunroof windscreen seal for my car and I can only see them on spoox for £240! I've looked on the peugeot museum and the part number is for a non sunroof one. I also need new door rubbers and opening rear quater seals does anyone know where I can get them other then spoox and peugeot museum thanks in advance 

bezy

In the same boat as you on this one, I'm looking for the outer window scrapers both sides for my gti. 

Think is,  if no one sells them anymore, how can i restore it?

If anyone knows where I can get 930973 and 931072 from please let me know.......

Callum

Try spoox but I think only the passenger side is available so you need to buy 2 then cut a bit on one so it fits the drivers side 

bezy

Hi thanks for your help,will take a look. My current ones seem to have shrunk. 

If anyone knows of others fitting or any other way round the gap let me know? Cheers