• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

markw

Gearbox Build Help

markw

Is there anyone in the Birmingham/West Midlands area that can help me put together a new gearbox for my sprint car, for beer tokens?? I've never stripped a box before.

1.9 Gti 1st and 2nd gear

Gti6 3rd, 4th and 5th gear

With a 4.9 Final drive and a gripper diff??

Thanks

And

They are not hard to do but you need a press to remove a few gears but you can do it with a gear puller kit, also have you had the gti6 3-4 gear modified? They don't just fit on,

welshpug

the gti6 3/4th will fit straight on certain shafts, others with modification and not at all to another.

And

The gti6 gear will only fit the be3 shaft with modification it will not fit the be3r as it has the same spilnes as the be4 but with a single spilne rarther than then the double like be4. I have done it I got a be3r shaft sent to me by mistake so I know it won't fit

welshpug

be3r doesn't have the same splines as be4.

TAG

Mark, it's only a two hour drive down to Bridgend, perhaps drop Mei a PM (Welshpug).

He rebuilt my gearbox, and it works a treat!

markw

I guess the issue is finding out if I do have a Be3 or be3r pinion shaft, how can I tell the difference??

Edited by markw

welshpug

look at the pinion shaft and count the splines, later shafts have a double spline and later still have a longer end and different splines.

Miles

But why people use GTi 6 gears I will never know, they are well known for all the teeth departing company so for any competition use I would avoid at any cost, But all the combo's are a pain in the backside with all the little differences,

And

Fine in a 1400 tho... they look no different tooth size or pitch to the be4 spare parts ones I have when mine ever fails I will just go with a qualife set just at the time I couldn't afford to so gti6 was a cheap option for close ratio set comparing the two bar 1st gear. I amite not ideal and with them getting older but guess it depends on what out put you have and you drive.

My be4 3-4 gears fit on to the be3r shaft but only could push it on till the end of the spikes with them not having that double spilne.

Edited by And