• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blandy

Cooling Issue

blandy

Having a issue with my gti6 engined 205. Well say problem it may not be.

Ive got my fans set to 92deg via my omex

Long story short when on track previously i was hitting around 92 deg so have put aload of holes in the bumper which seems to have worked as monday at combe my temps were more 80-85 deg on track. My issue is soon as i come off track the temp quickly goes up (whithin 2-3mins) when barley moving to 92 and the fans keep it at that figure.

Just seems to rise so quickly is this normal?

toolie72

Just you loosing cooling effect when air speed is down-all cars do it to a certain extent after a damn good thrashing-as long as its stable it'll sort itself out, it just can't dissipate so well when moving slowly

For example big fan in front of car when on rolling road replicates road/track conditions, feeds it cold air for combustion and cooling

johniban

You could always fit a secondary fan on a switch that is just used for that situation,

boldy205

Not sure if you do, but I try and have a half lap/whole lap if possible at low revs to cool not just the engine but brakes etc. I find it helpsm

blandy

Yeah normally do a cool down lap tbh was pretty hot days as well. I dont honestly think theirs a issue as the fans do keep it around 90-95. maybe a couple of better quality fans would do a better job. I also think having the short/thick bbm rad doesnt get rid of the heat quite as well as the original much thinner rad.