• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

steve@cornwall

T Cut.

steve@cornwall

Is it just me or has t cut become practically useless? Seems there's very little cutting and much more smearing of some cheap polish! Of course if you splash it Unnoticed on some paintwork it will etch itself in leaving bleached marks. Is there an off the shelf reasonably priced alternative readily available? I'm trying to cut back some neglected black paint ( lacquered) on a 205 that has been standing a while and this t cut is making no impression.Car will get some fresh paint to doors and wings but in no way justifies a full paint.

SweetBadger

Had a very similar experience trying to remove some 'clouding' with some t-cut white colour restore on roof of the new race car. Took bloody ages to even start to make a difference and I had to use loads of it! Unfortunately I can't provide any suggestions for an alternative.

calvinhorse

No doubt the same as hammerite paint and MucOff bike cleaner, they have removed the harmful chemicals that make them work and rendered them useless :(

• Like 1

Slo

That's because its a paint restorer, it removes paint, it wont touch lacquer because its hardened. For that you need a cutting compound and ideally a polisher although you can do it by hand if you've got fingers like carrots lol

steve@cornwall

That's because its a paint restorer, it removes paint, it wont touch lacquer because its hardened. For that you need a cutting compound and ideally a polisher although you can do it by hand if you've got fingers like carrots lol

That makes perfect sense.....although the t cut is also pants on non lacquered cellulose red.Maybe easier to rub it down and re-lacquer

steve@cornwall

Good news! Ordered some farecla no3 online and its brilliant! Has transformed the lacquered black and the cells red paint with simple hand application and is very capable at cutting back the cheap black rattle can paint I'm putting on the diesel.not much dearer than the t cut either .

steve@cornwall

20160704_184703-1.jpg

This really was pink and chalky before. Can't believe how well this worked

20160707_104030.jpg

Didn't do bonnet as its being replaced with non auto as original.

Edited by steve@cornwall

Rock Lobster

Looks spot on mate, well worth the effort! Make sure you get some protection on the paint asap!

steve@cornwall

Got some.polish on, nothing special just some auto glym .

20160707_103953.jpg

Cheap rattle can generic gloss black from the range

20160707_104007.jpg

Original tired paint refreshed

dobboy

You should try a bit of T-cut on your red bumper trims, I found a bottle of their Red stuff in a boot of a car in a scrappies, it brought mine up well. A coat of AG extra gloss protector on afterwards.

Malc

Never mind T-cut, get that drive weeded, that log blocks a disgrace!

steve@cornwall

The red trim on the diesel is plastic, and terminally faded to pink....not even wet and dry touches the fading! But I bet permanent marker will.

The weeding is part of what our service charge is for. ....... do a good job don't they? I power wash it around where I park the daily fiat. But as I'm only supposed to park one vehicle it's best I keep quiet, eh?

Mind you.....diesel makes a great weed killer

Edited by steve@cornwall
  • Like 1

2-Pugs

Sorry OT but I have a real problem with weeds coming up on a block paved pathway at our house. I have tried the usual weed killers with not a lot of success. Any suggestions? Apart from diesel (my car is petrol!) :D

steve@cornwall

Table salt?

Slo

Try using the t cut its no good for bugger all else

• Like 1

farmer

Roundup works a treat on weeds on my drive

Used it all summer and had perfect success

Grazon 90 we buy for the farm works well and doesn't kill grass/clover etc

Edited by farmer
  • Like 1

Rock Lobster

I use something called clinic ace on mine, which I think is basically concerntrated roundup.

Much better value for money than roundup and I use one of the big garden sprayers to put it on.

• Like 1