• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juttie205

Wont Start Injectors Wont Fire

Juttie205

I have just tried to start my car I have a good spark and i have got fuel up to rail by priming pump off battery as i have a poor connection on pump but get around 8v on crank I have checked injectors and im getting no voltage and i read somewhere that there should be 12v with ignition on at injectors is that correct if so where does this positive feed come from?.

Anthony

Injector positive feed comes from tachymetric relay. Negative is pulsed by ECU to fire injectors.

Injectors get 12v at the same time as the fuel pump - typically that's on cranking or running (and if you're lucky, brief priming on initial ignition on)

Juttie205

Guess will have to check relay strange how i get some voltage at pump but not at injectors?

Juttie205

just removed relay and there are 2 very small copper wires from coil that go through pcb and are soldered on one of these is broken could this be fault.

backroadpug

You can by pass the relay by running a wire from the thick brown wire to the 2 thick white wires and if it runs you know it is the realy. I had to do the same 2 weeks ago. Got a new one for £27

Juttie205

you star linked it out and it starts and runs so new relay will be ordered.

backroadpug

Glad to help. I got mine from a local auto electrical company.. I know eurocarparts do them but there 38 buck..