• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Jonesy1.1XL

205 Dashboard Project Questions / Opinions

Jonesy1.1XL

Hi guys I want to make a few changes to my dashboard and whilst looking at some images I noticed some of the Gti models had 5 buttons (A/C etc) rather than 3 which mine has. Like shown in the picture below.

However wanted some opinions on how easy it is to find a dash like that with 5 holes? Also whether you can find Buttons easily to replace? Or whether it is worth finding a second one with 3 holes and manually having a go at measuring cutting and filing some holes out..

0-Z7BUs.jpg

Pretty much where the two buttons on the left are, I want to replace with:

- A start button (Which means I have to start my car with both hands and is absolutely pointless I know, but I think itll be fun to have as a useless gizmo) However I do not want a after market button on the dash but hopefully can use the wiring from one to solder in and then replace the front with a second hand Peugeot button)

- I also want to move the cigarette lighter up from the ash tray to the end button

I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but its only a 1.1 which I got for a bargain so I want to have some fun and if I mess up on a cheap car like this, Ill learn for future reference! lol

Many thanks,

Stu

Edited by Jonesy1.1XL

Luke

The 5 hole dash is pretty rare. They pop up on eBay every now and then but at high prices.

Jonesy1.1XL

Yeah was gonna say I can't find anything at the moment. So It maybe worth just grabbing a second one and giving it a go manually.. And if I mess up I've still got my one in Good condition

allye

Could you have a go at making one as you say then have it flocked to finish it nicely?

• Like 1

barneys66

Stupid question, but why two hands to start using a button, or do you mean one after the other..?

Jonesy1.1XL

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do I'm going to source one on eBay hopefully and get some help to take my time to get it right! + yes you are correct it's one after the other , but essentially I will have to turn the ignition once and then press the button (meaning in both hands in the process)

Pugleyrich

It should be pretty easy to make a hole in the right place because the rear of the three button panels has indented circles where the extra couple of buttons would be, or at least the panel I have here does!

Jonesy1.1XL

It should be pretty easy to make a hole in the right place because the rear of the three button panels has indented circles where the extra couple of buttons would be, or at least the panel I have here does!

Yeah I noticed that on eBay on the back seems to be faint circles where the holes should be! Which looks like you said will be really helpful when it comes to cutting them, There's quite a few panels on eBay for under £10! So I'm going to order one right now! and keep a log of how it goes on here!

Pugleyrich

You didn't pay £19 for it though did you!?

• Like 1

allye

Bloody hope he didn't, got one here could have for free!

• Like 1

Miles

You can use a 306 heater rear window for a non switch-able button, £19.00 for a panel, I'll start listing mine on Ebay

Jonesy1.1XL

Hahaha god No I gave him a offer of £5 which he denied of course and he countered £10 which I accepted, still feel like a bit of a mug now though haha! I know where to ask first now, Hopefully the fact that I spent £10 will motivate me to get this right first time!

• Like 1

Jonesy1.1XL

Bloody hope he didn't, got one here could have for free!

Is it worth me "returning the item" before they dispatch, and you could send me one? If I pay for P&P?

Jonesy1.1XL

I will see if its dispatched in a minute and if not I will ask for the refund! If it is already dispatched I will just leave it because the hassle of a few quid