• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dobboy

Adjusting Gear Linkage

dobboy

I'm gonna try adjust my gear linkage as it doesn't go into 1st as sweet as i'd like.

(The box is MA)

I found this thread on the GTI6 forum

"If you are struggling to get 2nd/4th/6th/reverse you need to shorten the large gear rod,if your struggling to get 1st/3rd/5th the large gear rod needs to be lengthened"

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=149853

Is the large gear rod (mentioned above) the largest gear rod of the 3 rods, or the longer of the two shorter ones?

TIA

welshpug

that's a 306, so a different arrangement, also a BE3/6, so different to the MA also.

the fore/aft adjustment can be done in two places on a 205, either the long rod from the gearstick to the quadrant, or the rod from the quadrant to the gearbox.

the dowel pin on the MA selector arm is known to wear quite badly and give slop as well.

if its a saxo, then there's three gear rods in the engine bay, adjust the longest one, play/wear on the rubber ball in the quadrant can cause issues there.,

dobboy

Thanks WP, i thought they'd all be the same.

Yeah it's for the saxo.

Cheers!