• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
idoari

Interior Style And Various Versions/years

idoari

Hi,

can anyone tell me what Interior style came in what year or engine size (1.6, 1.9) ?

i need to know what is the original one for my car 1.6 1992 (Phase 2)

let me tell you what i do know. as far as i know there is 3 styles of Interior :

1. cloth

2.half leather

3 full leather - came in miami blue,Sorrento Green and 1FM as standard.

can anyone tell which type is for each year/engine size?

1. post-25617-0-85879200-1457467866_thumb.jpg

2.post-25617-0-36531100-1457467868_thumb.jpg

3.post-25617-0-50463400-1457467869_thumb.jpg

4.post-25617-0-38809200-1457467870_thumb.jpg

5.post-25617-0-73084000-1457467871_thumb.jpg

6.post-25617-0-98005300-1457467872_thumb.jpg

another question : which one do you think is the best type (from the three types i mantion before (leather, half leather , cloth) and why ?

thanks

Ido

j_turnell

1. ph2 1.9gti 1990 onwards

2. ph1.5 1.6gti 88-90

3. 205 xs seats 88-92

4 ph2 1.6 gti 1990 onwards

5. ph1 1.9 gti 87-90

Missing ph1 1.6 seats which were also cloth. There is also the 205 rallye seats which were black cloth with the peugeot talbot logo. Ph2 1.6 seats are the most comfy IMO.

acox99

Was half leather not an option on 1.6's?

jackherer

4.post-25617-0-38809200-1457467870_thumb.j

Your '92 1.6 should have cloth seats with the red/black check effect inserts known as 'quartet'.

Pugleyrich

Number 6 is the grey full leather from the 89/90 Sorrento and Miami cars. The 1fm was black leather. I have a 90 phase 1.5 which originally came with the quartet cloth seats (number 4) but I swapped them for phase 1/1.5 half leathers (number 5) as I like the style and the leather matched my grey dash. Now I've got grey full leathers (6) but miss the half leather look of number 5

Tom Fenton

4 ph2 1.6 gti 1990 onwards

Not only fitted to phase 2, some late phase 1.5 cars with grey plastics and early rear lamps came with these black/red check Sears with black bolsters. Sometimes called phase 1.75 cars.

pug_ham

Was half leather not an option on 1.6's?

Not that I know of, happy to be proven wrong though.

g

steve@cornwall

I find the "tweed" type cloth of the ph1.5 and xs (pics 2&3) is much more resilient than the others.

Edited by steve@cornwall

j_turnell

Not only fitted to phase 2, some late phase 1.5 cars with grey plastics and early rear lamps came with these black/red check Sears with black bolsters. Sometimes called phase 1.75 cars.

You are indeed correct Tom, infact my old white 1.6 had this setup with a be3 come to think of it! '89+

welshpug

enter your VIN into servicebox, it'll give you a better idea of build date, and possibly specification as its a later car.

Tom Fenton

Not that I know of, happy to be proven wrong though.

g

I agree. You often see it fitted to 1.6 cars just because its a lot easier to find the half leather seats in reasonable condition second hand, whereas the cloth seats are usually rags.

j_turnell

It's a shame the cloth seats aren't more durable as I personally prefer them to the half leathers. The Rallye seats were even worse, with a slightly different fabric again. I ended up using a 1.6 seat as a donor seat to re-trim a set of rallye seats, the weave/fabric was slightly different and a tad thicker on the 1.6 seats.

dobboy

I had these seats in my E plate, which was only a couple of years old at the time.

Keith-1983

I'm trying to find out what seats were originally in my 1986 1.6 Gti and from the information above my original suspisions that they should be a different cloth seat to all of the above seems to be correct...

Could someone please post a pic of the style I'm looking for.

Oh and if anyone has any ideas where I can find a complete glovebox panel that would be completely spiffing :-p

speno

Keith have you got what's app ? I have a c plate car and a b plate too

Weser

I believe its like this

th_BD187E5B-E151-4102-85CB-2D3F90C21C31_th_1ADE9540-C3D4-42AB-BABD-AA009BBE399C_

I have it in my F reg cti. Think it is called Barritz or something similar. Pretty hard to come by. I am hoping someone will start reproducing it one day.

dave205xs

Will the Gti cloth seats (front & rear) fit into a xs?

Ryan

Yes. The seat sizes and mounting points are the same across all 205 models, so any seats will fit any model.

• Thanks 1

Telf

my 89 G plate has the dark grey interior( dash etc) with the 1/2 leather black seats. Jackherer and I where discussing it a few weeks ago.

We thought this might be a cross over from the phase 1.5 to phase 2.

Tom Fenton
7 minutes ago, Telf said:

my 89 G plate has the dark grey interior( dash etc) with the 1/2 leather black seats. Jackherer and I where discussing it a few weeks ago.

We thought this might be a cross over from the phase 1.5 to phase 2.

Sometimes called Ph 1.75. Not an uncommon spec as they must have been selling plenty of cars at that time. I've owned 3 like it.

Telf

thought so Tom. I wonder how many are actually left now as the numbers of GTIs drop off.

jackherer
2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Yes. The seat sizes and mounting points are the same across all 205 models, so any seats will fit any model.

The rears are slightly different in convertibles I believe.

Ryan

Oh yeah, I forgot about those.

dave205xs
On 8/3/2018 at 8:29 AM, Ryan said:

Thanks Ryan... That's given me the confidence to guys the seats:) next stop fitting them a wondering where to keep the old seats... can't wait to see them fitted