• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

feb

"private" Car Park Fines

feb

What's the status with these?

I remember reading in the news that you are not obliged to pay them and someone on here got away with it although that was a different case (clamping).

£100 reduced to £60 if you pay within 14 days seems ridiculous.

Cheers,

Ryan

Only traffic wardens and the police are allowed to issue fines. Private car parks can give out all the fines they like and there's nothing whatsoever they can do to make you pay them. If you ignore it all that will happen is they'll send you nasty letters, probably threatening legal action - which will never actually happen because they know they will lose.

See this for more info/advice:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

ciarandeery1

my solicitor told me that it starts with B and ends in N. put it in the bin and move on. my 'fine' ended up near 5K and i was threatened with court etc, still waiting 3 years on

Slo

Plenty of people have been caught in our town centre car park by "parking eye" and have asked on a facebook group for advice to be told the same - to ignore it nothing will happen to end up months later with a county court judgement and a fine over ten times the original amount.

Great advice lol

ciarandeery1

Plenty of people have been caught in our town centre car park by "parking eye" and have asked on a facebook group for advice to be told the same - to ignore it nothing will happen to end up months later with a county court judgement and a fine over ten times the original amount.

Great advice lol

This is my own personal experience of a UKPC parking ticket i received, my mother also received one and ignored. 'Parking eye' im not sure as ive never heard of it so cant comment.

dcc

I think it all depends if theyre registered with a specific parking authority. The laws changed in 2014 iirc

chipstick

Yeah, study carefully.

Age old internet threads may give you out of date advice.

• Like 1

Ams

As stated, be wary of possibly outdated advice. If you want up to date accurate advice head over to this site --> http://forums.pepipoo.com/

There is a forum specifically for parking related offences in the list on that link. The more detailed and honest you are about your situation the better they can advise. It's a very good site in general for UK driving related offences.

Edit: Doh just noticed Ryan already posted the link. :blush:

Edited by Ams

Goliath

I think advice to ignore, or bin it might be slightly out of date.

Last year a chap took his case against parking eye all the way to the supreme court, the supreme court ruled on the side of parking eye. This sets a precedent meaning if parking eye (an possibly other parking firms) were to take you to court then they would most likely win quoting the Beavis v parking eye case.

Search google for Beavis v Parking Eye if you want to read up more.

You can even watch the supreme court ruling on youtube if you wish!

Edited by Goliath