• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

yorkshirekowboy

Car Mats, Anybody Tried These?

yorkshirekowboy

Hello, I'm wanting a set of genuine car mats for my gti. Unsure which of the designs Peugeot made for the phase 2 cars so I came up with this result...

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=121860071919&alt=web

How close to these to the originals? I did a search but couldn't find an exact picture of what the originals looked like.

Tom Fenton

Nothing like the originals!

I bought a set of the mats off eBay, place in Wigan. I am pleased with them.

m@ttc

Here's a pic of my originals, there green carpets with black gti logo. Your probably after the same but black carpet and red gti ones.

P1020602_zpsba1b7bf0.jpg

Alan77

I also got a set from Ambassador mats in Wigan. Although not super thick,they look decent and the boot mat is cool.

post-14615-0-32027200-1452364881_thumb.jpg

post-14615-0-50624300-1452364911_thumb.jpg

Pugleyrich

I got a set like Matt posted above from eBay France. Really good quality and do them with or without the 205 lettering.

acox99

I can vouch for ambassador, I had these made to my specification by them.

8AE0C268-87F0-4D4B-9F5A-336E1056C8DE_zps

• Like 1

acox99

They aren't exactly as original, and for a green car I assume the writing should be green/black but im pleased with them.

johnnyboy666

Avoid ambassador mats with red edge trim, mine faded in about a year. Other than that, the quailty is good

allanallen

What's the fit of the ambassador rear mat like? Looks to be a big saddle thing on the site.

Tom Fenton

That saddle mat is optional, the set I bought has two individual rear mats.

allanallen

I see, they only appeared to have one set listed on the site. Ta!

stufarri

I cut the saddles and front CTI templates myself and the fit is spot on for CTI and GTI.

I did the boot made template too which has been a good seller apparently.

• Like 1

yorkshirekowboy

Hello, thanks for your feedback. These are my current mats I have, but I don't like the red piping around them. Also going back to my red carpet now it's been cleaned. What people think of them? I remember these were around alot about 10 years ago?

post-5715-0-05944600-1452626630_thumb.jpg

Edited by surferkid205
  • Like 1

dobboy

Surfer, are you sure they aren't the OE ones?

They are very similar to mnes with the exception that mines have a small 205 stitched above the GTI badge.

I assume mines are OE (Ph1.5) as they were an extra on the receipt i have when the car was first bought.

Gman

I can vouch for ambassador, I had these made to my specification by them.

8AE0C268-87F0-4D4B-9F5A-336E1056C8DE_zps

I think I prefer these more than the ones with the badge on the edge. Aren't these much closer to the original mats?

Alastair - does Ambassador still have the templates to do another set just like yours? Did you have order a boot mat to match the fronts?

Thanks

yorkshirekowboy

Surfer, are you sure they aren't the OE ones?

They are very similar to mnes with the exception that mines have a small 205 stitched above the GTI badge.

I assume mines are OE (Ph1.5) as they were an extra on the receipt i have when the car was first bought.

I was thinking they could be OE ones as I have had them for years plus the detail on them look pretty good. Hmm I shall keep them then. I'm sure they have a black clip on them you turn to keep them to attached the carpet but I don't have the part it attaches to on my carpet.thanks for your help.

• Like 1

dobboy

Surfer, i gave mine a blast with a power washer loaded up with carpet cleaner and they came up well. I could do with getting the piping re-done on mine.

There is a pic in my profile pic showing them, very similar to yours.

ATK

J_turner I have those but I had the 205 removed and the font in red. Standard ones are a bit thin but if you ask them to to the deluxe version they are brilliant - have a look at my progress thread for pics

• Like 1

yorkshirekowboy

Surfer, i gave mine a blast with a power washer loaded up with carpet cleaner and they came up well. I could do with getting the piping re-done on mine.

There is at pic in my profile pic showing them, very similar to yours.

I had a look but can't find your picture. ????

• Like 1

acox99

Gman, yes they will have a pattern in sure, I have a boot mat but I didn't get it embroided. If they don't have a pattern I'm sure you can send them a picture.

dobboy

It's there surfer, in my vehicles, my gti and not my CJ ????

yorkshirekowboy

It's there surfer, in my vehicles, my gti and not my CJ ????

Wow yeah they are very similar. They look good. I'm going to give mine a clean like how you said. Thanks for the tips man! Danny

• Like 1

dobboy

surfer, since that pic I've recoloured the red piping with a big red marker pen, seems to have done the trick