• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

yorkshirekowboy

Car Mats, Anybody Tried These?

kb_205

Acox99 I went for Ambassador after seeing yours!

I sent them your image and away he went,

They cost me £20 more than the normal car mats due to larger stitching but overall I am very impressed with the result,

7B508418-21B2-4692-8C77-E247490A85E6.jpg

What do you guys think?

Edited by kb_205
  • Like 1

yorkshirekowboy

They look nice matey.

m@ttc

That's that's impressive, there the closest mats to original I've seen.

No stitching on the badge thou it's like a felt on top of the carpet.

Might have to have a purchase.

Here's a pic of some original rear mats in the shed, the profile of the front and rears are right.

image_zpsknfxre7f.jpeg

Edited by m@ttc

kb_205

Thanks!

This is a close picture of the stitching,

0CEC115F-539A-476E-B8A0-613CE7ADCA79.jpg

• Like 1

acox99

Nice one! Looking good. I'm glad to see you went for them. They are certainly good quality, hard wearing mats that finish off the interior nicely.

ciarandeery1

what's the auto five ones like? I know they are no long available but just bought a set in the wrapper off a guy

Gman

Acox99 I went for Ambassador after seeing yours!

I sent them your image and away he went,

They cost me £20 more than the normal car mats due to larger stitching but overall I am very impressed with the result,

7B508418-21B2-4692-8C77-E247490A85E6.jpg

What do you guys think?

These look great. Am I correct that they represent a closer match to the originals that came with the car from new?

If you don't mind me asking - what did they set you back and what was the lead time? Did you also go for the premium versions?

stufarri

They originally digitally scanned my mudflap badges and can probably do the embroidered badges to any size you want. They look great if a bit in your face for my liking but I agree they are closest yet to the original ones.

I also checked the shape of the rear floor mats for them too and they are spot on.

Edited by stufarri

kb_205

Hi Gman,

I basically contacted Ambassador through this EBay advert,

9106465F-DB4F-477D-928A-24BB6AD6CCEB.png

Then I sent him a screen shot of acox99's mat.

I then received a message saying that it's fine to proceed at an additional £20 due to larger stitching etc

So all in a delivered price of £78.49

High for some car Mats I know however they really are great quality, fit nicely and look the dogs

Hope this helps

Edited by kb_205

dobboy

Here's a pic I found (from someone's car on ebay)which I "think" shows how Ph2 mats should look.

The red edging is done with sort of ribbon type stuff, which I think may be called binding.

xo0dhj.jpg

Anthony

They look like generic mats to me rather than original 205 GTi ones - the "GTI" font is wrong for starters, and the shape/fit appear to be wrong too.

The original 205 GTi ones are like the replica ones kb_205 posted the photos of earlier in this thread AFAIK.

• Like 1

dobboy

They look like generic mats to me rather than original 205 GTi ones - the "GTI" font is wrong for starters, and the shape/fit appear to be wrong too.

The original 205 GTi ones are like the replica ones kb_205 posted the photos of earlier in this thread AFAIK.

Ah, I thought the font looked dodgy tbh. But kb's ones don't have the red edge which I think they should have.

There's a pic here that looks like could be them, same as earlier ones except they're missing a small "205" in red above the GTI logo.

http://www.influx.co.uk/features/peugeot-205-gti-confession/

Somebody must have a set of known original later mats for a gander at?

ciarandeery1

phase 1.5 mats the same? mines are original. i have a phase 2 with mats and the piping is red, i however suspect they are not OE.

il get pictures of both.

• Like 1

dobboy

phase 1.5 mats the same? mines are original. i have a phase 2 with mats and the piping is red, i however suspect they are not OE.

il get pictures of both.

My Ph1.5 ones are near identical to those in the link, with the exception they have 205 embroidered in red above the GTI symbol, (£17 iirc from the dealer according to the receipt). Why anyone thought it was a good idea to use white thread on a floor mat is beyond me. I'm not sure mines have that "kick" towards the back of the centre console the later ones seem to have.

Ph1?/1.5

25i2055.jpg

Ph2?

2min81.jpg

ciarandeery1

nice interior dobby

actually just checked, my ones dont look original, wonder why did i think they did... anyway i got some old stock autofive ones to collect :)

B8418967-E987-42DC-83C1-733B82F8F637_zps

My Ph1.5 ones are near identical to those in the link, with the exception they have 205 embroidered in red above the GTI symbol, (£17 iirc from the dealer according to the receipt). Why anyone thought it was a good idea to use white thread on a floor mat is beyond me. I'm not sure mines have that "kick" towards the back of the centre console the later ones seem to have.

Ph1?/1.5
25i2055.jpg

Ph2?
2min81.jpg

• Like 2

acox99

What do the auto five ones look like out of interest?

yorkshirekowboy

The second picture from dobboy's linked picture are the mats I have. Mine is a phase 2 car. Just the gti logo.

Edited by surferkid205

ciarandeery1

Acox99 will post a pic tomorrow!

ciarandeery1

6DC3B28D-1363-49C9-A0D2-9369FABF8D28_zps

• Like 1

kb_205

Finally fitted phase 1 seats and these mats,

My phase 2 seats were tatty and i personally prefer the look of these,

859D08CD-B386-4E4F-B0FD-77AD8B2108B9.jpg

Just incase you forgot you were in a GTI haha

• Like 1

m@ttc

Pretty sure this is the other dealer design?

image_zpsad1an1z8.png

Telf

James,

I've got a set of those mats. I've had them about 2 years and they have lasted well

jj007205

I used to have mats identical to dobboy many moons ago which were great. Are these still available somewhere?

Info/link would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks