• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

oddball366

Omex Remap

oddball366

Hi,

Does anyone know any good omex mappers (who are good with carbs) in the hertfordshire area, essex or Bedford. I've been recommended Northampton motorsport by guy from omex, has anyone used them?

Ta

blandy

I used Northampton to map my omex on my 306 and will be using them again to do my 205 when its ready. Troy did a great job on mine. Also maps 2 of my friends race cars

gizzmo

I used aldon automotive in Birmingham this was after quite a bit of research and recommendations from people in the know, so far so good, was their for approx 4 hrs getting the bodies balanced set up and then mapped to 4k for running in purpose and get the first oil change done, the guy really methodical in his approach and was impressed,by the advice I was given moving forward,the engine now has a couple of hundred miles on it and is due back for final mapping , I have heard that certain mappers can map an engine through the revs in around 4 hrs ? From my experience at aldon, I wouldn't, have wanted my very expensive engine mapped in this way.

Simes

One of our forum members used to work at Northampton Motorsport.
They were trusted with Nick Masons 250GTO.......

j_turnell

I used to work at Northampton Motorsport. I will be taking my 205 on Omex to be mapped there in the new year.

My advice would be give them a call and speak to either Troy or Steve with any queries you may have. They map all of pug1offs cars so very familiar with 205's. They have many years experience and do an excellent job.

The quality of the cars that go through the doors speaks for itself one of which Simes mentions above.

oddball366

Many thanks people. Will give them a call.