• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Galilee

Advice For Keihin On Xu

Galilee

Hi Guys.

The main idea is to make a Cheap racing car, for obvious reasons the budget is very limited.

So 4 throttles is impossible or maybe Bike throttles, i m open for information but now i'm interesting In keihin.

I'v heard that Webber carbs isn't very good for XU with vibrations they tend to loose their settings.

The car Will be used for cruising and runing on week end.

My car is a 1992 205 gti and the engine is a xu9j4.

boldy205

Personally I can't see a problem with DCOEs (or dell'orto equivalent ) . That many people can't be wrong. Also a lot easier to install as it's been done thousands of times before so parts are easier to come by second hand to keep costs down.

welshpug

bike bodies are very good high quality items, however to work well the setup needs to be well thought out and excecuted, no hose joiners!!

you can buy suitable trumpets from a few places, satchell engineering have done some that can have the filter backplate bolted to them.

Edited by welshpug

Galilee

Also i'm looking for something original, as you say DCOEs is usual...

I saw on the net that there's the 205 SS works (japan) using keihin and it's very very fast. That's why i'm focusing on it and for the price too. If you know the price of DCOEs In my country, even the second hand!!! Awesome

allanallen

My last comments been deleted I see.....

I have some Yamaha R1 carbs spaced to fit a j4 head if you're interested. £60 plus postage

rallyeash

I'm after some bodies for my K20..

welshpug

I've got some R1 bodies going spare, will dig them out :)

rallyeash

I was thinking of going GSXR K3 / 4 but I spose R1 bodies will still do the trick. WP you know if the link to the Satchell Website above is trumpets for bike bodies?

petert

Yes, I noticed that. Big brother is watching.........

jackherer

I have hidden it because it was completely unnecessary and added nothing to the discussion. You should be more welcoming to new users who may not speak English as their first language.

• Like 1

allanallen

I have hidden it because it was completely unnecessary and added nothing to the discussion. You should be more welcoming to new users who may not speak English as their first language.

Apology's galilee, I initially had no idea you spoke a different language or indeed that you were a new user as non of this info shows up in my browser.

Your post was confusing and contradictory as you said you were building a race car but it would be used for cruising, two completely different things, hence my sarcastic quote/reply.

• Like 1

Galilee

No Matter!

For sure english isn't my first langage.

I'm just looking for Advice because there'se a lot of second hand keihin here. Which one should i take?

I know that racing and cruising are différent setups but i have to explain muselé. In my country there's no racing track, so it Will be street drag mainly. Of course authorities don't like Fully racing car and that's why it won't be like that. My Target Will be a funny street racing car who can Cruise normally.

johnnyboy666

Are you looking to use bike carbs or bike throttle bodies? As you'll have to factor in a standalone ECU and mapping costs if using bodies in most cases.

Bike carbs are generally extremely cheap compared to Weber/Dellorto twins. And in my experience, in much better condition. Bike bodies seem to be cheaper still, but then setting up costs might be higher.

johnnyboy666

I have somne CBR600 carbs sat here, and they appear to be really well made. I've just stripped mine down and cleaned them in an ultrasonic tank, and they have come out looking brand new.

Before you buy them, I would consider the following:

-Can you buy a manifold for that engine with those carbs, or get somebody to make a custom one?

-some bike carb setups can cause issues with vacuum pressure (vacuum advance on distributor, brake servo)

-you'll need to adjust the jetting to suit the engine - (most CBR carbs that I know of will have larger jets on two of the four carbs, and smaller ones on the other two)

-Some people running CBR carbs advise blocking the air corrector jets, but some don't - some trial and error might be required

-you'll need to reduce fuel pressure with a regulator

- make sure you get as much with the Carbs as possible, e.g mounting rubbers, trumpets,

- Don't mount the carbs using silicon hose, use the original rubbers if you can

- strip, clean, check and rebuild the carbs before use. In the two pairs I have, one had a cracked jet, and one had a missing diaphragm spring.

Hopefuly I havent put you off!

Galilee

I didn't take My choice yet for the carbs. Now i'm juste sure that it will be a keihin with a "guillotine" . I'm terribly sorry i dont know the translation.

Don't worry, i Read a lot of documentations for this stuff, my only problem is that the majority is In english it seems that frenchies don't like this setup. But without problem it won't be exciting. I'm not too bad In mechanics but My english...

- a friend of mine can build a custom manifold one, we think it will be a danstengineering like,

- In any case i'll buy a set of jets,

- i Will change the regulator and the fuel pump too,

- of course we're talking about second hand, the carbs will be totally check before,

For the rest i'll see When i'll fit it to My engine.

of course there's no seller In my country but fortunatelly My brother live In France.

Anthony

Don't worry, your English is good :)