• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

JayRenton

320Bhp 4Wd Subaru Powered 4Wd 205 Dimma

JayRenton

Hi guys , I thought it's about time I posted up my 205 project, I have actually been meaning to do this for a good few years now but I never got around to doing it plus I wasn't to sure how it would go down cutting up a Peugeot 205. I has taken me about 4 years to build, I have tried to keep it looking as much Peugeot as possible but with the Subaru underpinnings!

This is still an on going project and I will be posting all updates on here from now on.

Here is a link to my build thread.

http://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/918981-subaru-powered-205-track-car.html#post10409868

And check out my website.

http://www.jrbespokebuilds.co.uk/index.html

Cheers, James

scoobyclinic%20pics%20015_zpsarwwwflv.jp

scoobyclinic%20pics%20007_zpsshn4c9ke.jp

scoobyclinic%20pics%20017_zpsvcfn3xcz.jp

post-26301-0-31118300-1449870124_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

omega

wow

think this is one of the best modified 205s ive seen.

DBG

Love it

Pugleyrich

I just read the other thread. Excellent work! I'm sure no one would mind you cutting up an old base model to make that! Look forward to further updates

allye

Flat 4 burble with 205 looks, absolute win! Top notch work and final product.

You must work in the auto industry some where!?

calvinhorse

Absolutely spot on, nicely done, nice finish and sits really well :)

How does it drive?

johnnyboy666

That build thread has just killed a good chunk of my boring moring shift! Cracking effort, fair play to you.

barneys66

Superb - have you thought about trying to register it; would be great to see it on the street !!

JayRenton

Thanks for the great comments guys!

I have thought about making it road legal but I wouldn't trust myself it's just too tempting to keep putting your foot down it really is insane to drive although it is quite predictable and pretty much does what you want it to and I have adjusted the geometry to make it oversteer so I suppose it could be adjusted to behave a bit better lol.

I made sure i wired up all the lights and horn etc so maybe one day it could end up on the road who knows!

James

johnnyboy666

I guess road registering it legally would drop you into the 'radically altered vehicle' category, and probably require an SVA test (or whatever the old SVA is called these days).

Mind you, if that Evo shelled 205 that was a pugfest is alledgedly road legal then I don't see why yours wouldnt be able to get legalised.

Malc

Very impressive build thread, some of us think we're great dropping in a gti6 engine and uprating some parts, that is just immense what you have done there to a 205. One of the best 205 builds I have seen/read. Great to see someone attempting, but more importantly completing a successful project.

JayRenton

I guess road registering it legally would drop you into the 'radically altered vehicle' category, and probably require an SVA test (or whatever the old SVA is called these days).

Mind you, if that Evo shelled 205 that was a pugfest is alledgedly road legal then I don't see why yours wouldnt be able to get legalised.

I've seen that evo 205 in a mag!!! I have a mate that has built a Subaru powered Astra that he has made road legal and he's says that cars older than a certain age just require an mot test so if that's the case it could be put on the road quite easily obviously I would have to insure it with all the mods.

Here's a link to his build thread....

JayRenton

Very impressive build thread, some of us think we're great dropping in a gti6 engine and uprating some parts, that is just immense what you have done there to a 205. One of the best 205 builds I have seen/read. Great to see someone attempting, but more importantly completing a successful project.

Thanks mate!

jackherer

he's says that cars older than a certain age just require an mot test so if that's the case it could be put on the road quite easily

That's not how it works, if you start with a monocoque and modify the shell it requires an SVA/IVA or whatever it's called this week. Technically even the 205s on here with modified bulkheads etc are radically modified vehicles and should be put through the test.

aldworth33

Wow that is amazing, I love the sound of scoobies as much as I prefer an evo, the sound is something you can't hate

JayRenton

That's not how it works, if you start with a monocoque and modify the shell it requires an SVA/IVA or whatever it's called this week. Technically even the 205s on here with modified bulkheads etc are radically modified vehicles and should be put through the test.

Makes sense mate.

JayRenton

Wow that is amazing, I love the sound of scoobies as much as I prefer an evo, the sound is something you can't hate

Haha that's true, such a good sound!!

Biggles

If I was wearing hat I'd take it off to you - well impressed with your work !!

omega

just thought didn't someone else do this a long time ago?

was it Cameron or someone like that?

did it get finished anyone no?

as I think he fell out with some people on here

rallyeash

Awsome.

Cameron was building "the ultimate 205" which was going to be a duratec engine. Not sure that latest on it, think he has a project thread on a few forums.

mmt

Impressive car!!!

The rear wing looks great. Where did you get it?

Mac Crash

Everything that has been said by everyone above is obvious within 2 seconds of seeing the car, extraordinary work and the way it should be +5

Awsome.

Cameron was building "the ultimate 205" which was going to be a duratec engine. Not sure that latest on it, think he has a project thread on a few forums.

Was done 29 years ago ;-)