• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johniban

Omex 600 Map

johniban

Hi,

Would anyone have an omex 600 file for a gti6 engine on jenveys theyd be willing to email me?

Yes i know omex have file downloads but only for an mi16 engine and it doesn't run the best!

i want to send my car for mot and mapping but want to drive it there to test out any niggles ect i can sort before mapping, plus it would help alot on saving money on a recovery truck,

thanks in advance

welshpug

try your mapper, however its not wise to use an unmapped engine, best to map then mot.

quite unlikely youll get it through an mot with a base map anyway.

Tom Fenton

See I'd say opposite for the mot, as long as it will idle at a reasonable speed it's dead easy then to sit with the laptop and trim the fuelling down so it will pass the test. I have done it a few times, the mot tester was amazed first time as I sat there tapping away and hey presto the CO co down.

Tom Fenton

However I would add that it's unwise to really drive it much unless you know what you are doing and are monitoring fuelling via wideband lambda.

j_turnell

I've got a map I should be able to send you. Just got mine up and running with it standard 6 on bodies. Just using it to get up and running so I can balance the bodies and get down to be mapped.

All you will need to do is set the parameters on the throttle pot and away you go of it's all wired up. But as above I wouldn't use it for anything else than that.

johniban

i got the base map on and running and set up the throttle, was just looking if anyone had anything that was ''safer''

j_turnell

Safest thing is to now get it mapped. Every engine is different as I'm sure you are aware, even with similar specs. Not worth the risk IMO.

• Like 1