• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wallby

Radiator Cap Help

Wallby

Just replaced the coolant in my tu engined 205 and now the radiator cap won't seal. The plastic inside the cap looks perished.

Went to the local motor factors to get a new one, and everything listed for a 205 is a lot bigger and has a pressure relief valve.

I have tried searching everywhere and finding it very difficult to find a similar cap or even a cap that will fit.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get one?

Cheers

th_20151107_184949_zpsgryhjmds.jpg

th_20151107_184957_zpsi6lrfsfb.jpg

welshpug

yeah, you're not meant to take that one off...

as per instruction stamped into it!

never seen that one listed anywhere I'm afraid, you could try fast rads in Abercarn, probably something you need to take the rad and the cap over to them.

jackherer

Fix it back in place with Araldite (or any two pack epoxy resin) and it will be fine indefinitely.

Wallby

Thanks, Ill try the glue method and see how I get on.

How do you bleed it properly if you don't take it off and fill the rad up? Wouldn't there be an air pocket stuck under the cap? Or is that how its supposed to be?

Adrian co

Just turn the rubber over seemed to work for me anyway

Henry Yorke

If you buy a Nissens aircon rad, they don't come with these. I got one from an old TU rad and sprayed it, but did manage to get a brand new one imported, but can't find it currently. As said, you are best cutting a new piece of rubber as a seal for underneath