• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

Christmas Presents You Actually Want This Year...

trogboy

They have a place, but they are a bit of a faff and limited use but in practice. Don't expect them to work up tight up against whatever the nut is holding in place as they tend to slip off. I find mine most useful when I have a nut siezed part way off of a fitting that I need to keep. Don't think I've touched it since getting a powerfile though.

• Like 1

Henry Yorke

It's that time of year again.

My rechargeable light has been a godsend and was one of the best presents last year.

What have people got on the radar for this year?

I fancy a 205 indoor car cover. Which are the best value for money?

Bobbafett

I quite like the sound of those Amazon Echo things. Lots of really cool stuff happening with them.

Simes

This thread sorted some of my Christmas list last year!

Henry Yorke

Spotted this brake caliper wind back tool set on eBay. I have a really old one and it is dead useful for front calipers and rears where you have to turn the piston back at the same time

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAKE-CALIPER-PISTON-REWIND-WIND-BACK-TOOL-KIT-22-PIECES-Car-Service-Tool/191618091961

allye

If you have a air line the air wind back tool are the boys.

2-Pugs

H, I got one of those caliper wind in tools a couple of years back and I couldn't get it to work on the rear calipers. I think it didn't fit or there was some feature in the way. Perhaps I was using it wrong! Another suggestion is a brake fluid suction thing - so you can bleed brakes easily by yourself. Its like a suction pump with a tube going to the bleed nipple, and it sucks the fluid out. I found it works ok, as I never got on with the old easi-bleed device. As for an indoor car cover I have a nice one which I think came from Richbrook, can't recall the price but it was quite reasonable.

Tom Fenton

The bendix caliper carrier is directly in line with the piston so that style of wind back tool won't work. To be honest I've always used a screwdriver to wind the pistons back on 205's and never had a problem.

welshpug

yep, and a big pair of water pump pliers for anything else.

Tom Fenton

I've got an air powered one as well, some modern stuff you are scuppered without it, Mk3 Mondeos in particular are a swine.