• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kb_205

205 Gentry Aztec Gold

kb_205

Hi chaps,

Not sure if it's ok to post This here but I am selling all of my 205's and this one has me stumped for value,

My 1.9 gti in white with 152,000 sold for £2600

For sale now is my girlfriends gentry with 150,000 great standard bodywork wheels and drives spot on! Really is a great car but I'm not sure on the interest it would generate. Obviously it's hard without you seeing pictures. The drivers top half bolster is worn but that is all! Never messed with and in my opinion a cracking little car.

Just wondered what a roughish guide is and if there's any interest here.

Thanks for your time

forbeslongden

It really depends on the condition of everything, 150,000 seems quite high for a Gentry most examples for sale have usually between 80,000-110,000 on the clock which is considered quite a low used vehicle, service history and cam belt change usually bump the prices up, low ownership, and little rust. They tend to start going on the boot floor, yes it may look good top side but look under it too, is it starting to go there? Under the rear seats they are a bugger for too and obviously the inner wings, sills are becoming an issue more now and also the seams around the rear arches behind the rear quarter cards if yours is rust-free around here then it's boosted in how sought after it'll be...

Aztec wasn't a great colour for the 205 really, most who want a Gentry would plump for the Sorrento version I'd say as it looks closer to a GTI versus Aztec which is also found on the STDT, the interior is the special thing about yours though, that beige leather is absolutely lovely and if it's not amazingly worn, it'll again push the price up.

This is all subjective, of course. We all know that people will pay what they think it's worth I know some members here have had decent if not very tidy examples that they've had to almost give away due to lack of interest / fashion at the time.

My guess is start around £1,500.

Seems crazy, but the area you're in seems to effect the price, for example, Wales, Derbyshire and Cornwall seem to have a fair few 205's still about whereas where I am in Plymouth, I usually have a quick turnaround on them.

Edited by forbeslongden

Pugleyrich

I'd say £1500 is a good place to start. I bought Miles' old one (albeit a Sorrento) yesterday for a similar price but that has the more desirable (in my opinion) full black leather, a rebuilt engine, beam and manual gearbox and less miles.

kb_205

Excellent thanks guys,

Tbh I am quoting the mileage on the clocks but I remember I changed the clocks at 89000 for a lot higher this can be seen on the MOT certificates. Realistic mileage is 91000 I didn't worry at the time as I thought I was going to just drive until it caused issues. I used this as an in between car whilst fixing my gti!! The boot floor is receiving some attention before I sell but it isn't too bad! The other areas mentioned are perfect.

Mechanically it is in very good order and drives a lot better than my GTI, the steering is great and no knocks or rattles and feels a lot more solid and handles smoother and better than my worn gti.

That's a good ballpark figure I'll go with that and see what happens

Thanks again