• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
LukeSweetser

Peugeot 205 Look + Tu5 Engine.

LukeSweetser

Evening, i thought i'd start a thread for my little 205.

I picked it up a month or so ago for a steal at £83. The head gasket blew and the previous owner decided to drive it from Wales to Oxford like this. Also had £450 spent on it to get it through the previous MOT. Bargain!!

Original plan was to drop in a Dturbo engine, then it changed to 1.6 16v obviously out of the 106gti/saxo vts. Then my mate rang me saying he'd rolled his car and asked if i could go and save him... Turn up there it was, my engine donor. 2000 saxo vtr on its roof, bought it off of him there and then for £60. Sorted! :D

Over the last 3 nights me and my mate have ripped the old broken 1.1 engine out the pug and the saxo and the tu5 swung into the 205. All mounts bolted up and shafts back in! We was going to start the tank tonight but i stuffed up on the fuel pump for the gti tank as i didn't get the white plastic holder for it :( sonone ordered tonight!

Now we are a little bit stumped and wondered if anyone was able to offer their brains.

-We noticed when mucking with the saxo it has a fuel pressure regulator under the rear seat with the pump. Will we need a fuel pressure regulator for the tu5 to run correctly now it's in the 205? If so where would be the best place to mount it?

-We also can't find a fuel return pipe on the tu5 engine, is there one? Or are the fuel lines in a loop as such so it's constantly at the correct pressure and can take what it needs when it needs it so it wont need a return from the injectors?

- I haven't got gti fuel lines either but i'm sure it would be viable and easy enough to make up our own?

And if someone has a pin out of the single pin gtr ecu plug or give us some colours or something to help us along with the wiring?

I would post pictures but currently on my phone and don't know how to do it right now!

Cheers for looking and thanks for any help anyone has to offer! :)

LukeSweetser

Nice one thanks mate! Gonna have to ask a few of my mates to help me figure that out, little confused haha.

LukeSweetser

Right we are still a little stumped on how all the fuel lines abd gubbins work... We have the gti tank in and fitted now and i'll be getting the pump from the post office tomorrow. But our trouble is we are not sure on what we are doing.. We looked at our donor saxo and there is just a load of fuel pipes looping around the tank and it has us stumped. Does the injector rail have to be changed to a different type? Or is the fuel lines essentially a loop out of the pump kept at a constant pressure by a regulator? Because surely if it was just the fuel pump flat out constantly it'd just flood the engine?!

Any help appreciated as it's doing our nut in. I tried having a search for my answer but i can't seem to find what i am looking for!

Cheers Luke.

jackherer

I haven't looked at one myself but if it is as described in the article I linked to then the regulator and its loop of plumbing are located with the pump in the tank.

113087_5mg.jpg

LukeSweetser

I think we has sussed the fueling now! Thanks for your help! :)

Next thing i need to ask, does anyone have an ecu pin out wiring diagram for single plug ecu, silver top vtr engine? Or any help on what wires are what and needed to get it going? I'd imagine most of the wires from the loom chassis plug will be rendered useless for the conversion and i will need to find any switched lives and earths coming too/from the ecu?

Cheers Luke.

205tu5
On 9/2/2015 at 10:41 PM, LukeSweetser said:

Evening, i thought i'd start a thread for my little 205.

I picked it up a month or so ago for a steal at £83. The head gasket blew and the previous owner decided to drive it from Wales to Oxford like this. Also had £450 spent on it to get it through the previous MOT. Bargain!!

Original plan was to drop in a Dturbo engine, then it changed to 1.6 16v obviously out of the 106gti/saxo vts. Then my mate rang me saying he'd rolled his car and asked if i could go and save him... Turn up there it was, my engine donor. 2000 saxo vtr on its roof, bought it off of him there and then for £60. Sorted! :D

Over the last 3 nights me and my mate have ripped the old broken 1.1 engine out the pug and the saxo and the tu5 swung into the 205. All mounts bolted up and shafts back in! We was going to start the tank tonight but i stuffed up on the fuel pump for the gti tank as i didn't get the white plastic holder for it :( sonone ordered tonight!

Now we are a little bit stumped and wondered if anyone was able to offer their brains.

-We noticed when mucking with the saxo it has a fuel pressure regulator under the rear seat with the pump. Will we need a fuel pressure regulator for the tu5 to run correctly now it's in the 205? If so where would be the best place to mount it?

-We also can't find a fuel return pipe on the tu5 engine, is there one? Or are the fuel lines in a loop as such so it's constantly at the correct pressure and can take what it needs when it needs it so it wont need a return from the injectors?

- I haven't got gti fuel lines either but i'm sure it would be viable and easy enough to make up our own?

And if someone has a pin out of the single pin gtr ecu plug or give us some colours or something to help us along with the wiring?

I would post pictures but currently on my phone and don't know how to do it right now!

Cheers for looking and thanks for any help anyone has to offer! :)

Hi sorry I'm new here but I need help when you say the engine swung into it and all mounts fitted can you please please let me no what mounts you used were they the 205 mounts or the tu5 mounts?