• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
unariciflocos

Suggestions On Map Improvement

unariciflocos

So I haven't had the chance yet to get my car properly mapped on a rolling road as dynos and tuners not as popular in the rest of the world as they are in the UK and thefore you need to drive far to reach one and they are stupid expensive and often not very good as they only do copy paste re-maps. Would anyone just give me an opinion on my maps and maybe some suggestions to improve?

Engine is 1.9 Mi16, 11:1 comp, Peter Taylor Stage 2 inlet, GSXR bodies with staged injection.

First problem, tends to stall off idle, need to be gentle with the throttle until it picks up.

Second problem, doesn't feel that fast really... may also be related to fact that I ride a 1 liter bike and compared to that nothing will ever feel fast again, so it may just be me being used to stupid accelaration levels. Drove my mate's remapped 320D with about 240 bhp and tonnes of torque a few days ago and it was most definitely slower than my pug.

Third, fuel economy has not been very good over the last 5000km, it's doing 9-10 liters/100Km (28-31 Mpg) and it used to do much better before in the same config.

post-13076-0-34527100-1439191052_thumb.jpg

petert

Does it have a throttle pump map?

post-2864-0-83375900-1439202429_thumb.jpg

post-2864-0-91041200-1439202442_thumb.jpg

petert

There's my maps. One thing I notice about your fuel map, is that it would be idling at a VE value of 17, then it jumps to 37-40 as you crack the throttle. Mine would idle at 25-26, then on to 31-32. Have you checked AFR's? Yours seems like a big jump.

My percentage difference from idle to 7000 also differs significantly from yours. Mine is 110/26 = 4.2, whereas yours is 97/17 = 5.7.

My ignition map is mapped via manifold pressure so it differs a bit to yours, but the full load figures will be comparable. Mine are probably approx. 1.5-2 degrees less than you'd normally see because I've got variable trigger angle enabled.

• Like 1

unariciflocos

Thanks for the input Peter. Will copy those values into some spreadsheets and experiment with ignition timing a bit. Would it be worth trying to do MAP ignition as well? I have the plumbing, just need to activate it.

Don't know if it has a throttle pot graph, it has an acceleration enrichment graph though. It goes lean off idle, I think that's why the sudden spike in VE off idle, trying to compensate for that.

Lambda values look good everywhere else, brand new Bosch sensor, fitted in the correct position.

petert

Throttle pump, or accel'n enrichment, same thing. Can you specify a bigger percentage increase at low rpm? It needs a big squirt so you're not messing up the VE number.