• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
theoilburner

Sunroof Layout/diagram/schematic/explanation?

theoilburner

Hi, has anyone got a diagram or can explain how the sunroof seal is plumbed in??

I have a sunroof that slides (albeit with resistance so I know the catches are ok).

I have a black box under NS scuttle that holds a vacuum and a pipe from this box that terminates by the OS turret in a t piece and what I presume is a one way valve???

Are there any electrics?? Any info appreciated as previous owner did an engine swap and it doesn't work anymore!!!!

Tom Fenton

A pipe runs from the tee piece you have found to the sunroof handle. There is a valve at the handle which either sucks the seal flat with vacuum or allows it to inflate just using the natural "spring" in the rubber seal.

The vacuum source comes from the large pipe from the inlet manifold near the brake servo end.

theoilburner

Thanks, that makes sense. I'll have a look for the large pipe, I take it you mean the vacuum pipe for the servo??? I couldn't see any take off for the small vac pipe going to the sunroof??