• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Crescent205

Ready For Mapping Next Week

Crescent205

post-23724-0-74350600-1436302546_thumb.jpgpost-23724-0-03374200-1436302562_thumb.jpg

I've been running webers for 5 years on my rally car and have just changed them for jenveys and omex, It's all ready for mapping on Monday but after taking it down the road on just a base map the power delivery is so much different to the carbs!

Edited by Crescent205
  • Like 1

Simes

Looks similar to mine.

Good luck!

Crescent205

You mean im not the only one with an untidy engine bay?! The engine is probably quite tired now so i'm not expecting miracles, Just to survive the rollers would be good ;)

Wallby

Where are you getting it mapped?

Crescent205

Vince Mosely in llandeilo, I've been going there for a few years with different things and he's always been spot on with carbs. It'll be the first time taking anything to mapped to him but I'm sure he'll do just as good a job.

S@m

A friend of mine recently had his TB'd gti6 mapped there (on a dta s40) and i'll probably be going there to get my mi16 done. Vince knows his stuff and did a quality job.

I'm interested to see what you make since mine will be pretty similar.

Edited by S@m

Crescent205

I'll keep you updated Sam, I'm taking it there in the morning and collecting it later in the week.

Crescent205

Had a phone call off Vince today, he done a few runs and it's around 170bhp, He has some concerns about the injectors being to big and the injection temp sensor is flatlining at a constant 100deg. So another sender has been ordered for tomorrow and he's gonna try a few other things also. I'm actually quite pleased with the figure as he said although the engines tired it isn't breathing excessively and is quite happy revving, and Vince isn't one of these operators that will inflate the bhp figures, he's always been 'real'.

S@m

If that's at the wheels then i'd be very happy indeed! What injectors are you running? I presume you're using 45mm jenveys on a longman manifold, looks like it from the picture anyway.

Crescent205

It was at flywheel, but I think that's about right especially on a tired motor.

S@m

I'll be using Lotus bodies/Satchell manifold on a dta s40 on my mi16, so i'll let you know how i get on, won't be for a few months at least though. :)

Crescent205

Ahhhh that'll be interesting as Vince likes the Dta management. My car will be ready tomorrow, I'll let you know the final result.