• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Robbiedundy

[Car_Upgrade] 205 1.9 Gti Project: Respray & Rebuild!

jord294
8 hours ago, Dundy53 said:

Going to stick with the 309 axle Jord, thanks for the offer. Love the look of it and the wheels are making their own clearance the more I use it :lol:

No problem 

Robbiedundy

Approximately 1k miles done since rebuild, another oil change also did timing belt, water pump as its been about 7 years since the engine was built 

Car went to Ricky Gauld for mapping last week and I'm delighted with the results, was running pretty good on the emerald base map but he's made a few changes and it has a fair bit more torque now. Nice to drive!

20230519_190840.thumb.jpg.3ffaf5850af1d7925b3e3a4cf486d3e3.jpg

Going back to the painter on Saturday morning for a couple touch ups then possibly daily driver for the rest of the summer B)

It's nice having a project somewhat complete, I'll have to start the next one soon 

• Like 2

Robbiedundy

The project car is still going strong, I haven't used it much to be honest. Been on the work commute a few times and made its first car show earlier in the year 

IMG_20230618_201409_220.thumb.jpg.a8eb4f16ec81f564a218517a37cc22ec.jpg

Just went through another mot, failed on fuel line leaking. Must be slightly porous - the paint has bubbled about halfway up one of the hard lines, temp repair and ordered some new ones from bakerbm.

However when I rebuilt the car rather than buying the correct fuel line clips i thought I'd p-clip the lines back on with some nice domed bolts and nuts underneath the carpet. So whilst I have the front seats and carpet out I might aswell start stripping it for restoration pt.2 :rolleyes:

I've never been happy with the level of finish to be honest and being a project car they're never finished anyway. Over the winter I'd like to strip the car, cut out the repairs done previously to the boot floor and weld in some good repair sections. Remove all of the wax oyl underneath and prep it for stone chip/gravitex and spray it graphite grey. 

Then all that's left to do is spray the body graphite grey also to match the underneath :lol:

Leslie green

Its looking good but sounds like a lot of work ahead to get the underside shiny too but it will be worth it  :D Grey is really nice colour too and not many about .

Edited by Leslie green
  • Like 1

Robbiedundy

Project update:

Sold the car last week, no regrets so far. Happy that I got it on the road, mot'd and used it. Ended up doing about 5k miles last year with no issues. I've sold it to one of my good mates who is also a peugeot pervert so I can go and look at it whenever I want and he will put it to good use!

I have got a couple projects lined up - graphite 1.6 gti resto & a S2 106 Rallye. Busy with work for the next few months but after that I'll get a new thread started.

Thanks for all your help :D