• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allye

Tweeter Advice

allye

Since sound proofing the goodwood, replacing all speaker cable and putting in some decent speakers on anti rattle mat stuff the stereo is half decent for once, now i want some tweeters and a small self contained sub/amp.

Now, where to mount tweeters? Would you drill a 309 dash to mount them? Where else can they go?

Thanks! Ali

allye

That's a no then!

Simes

Screwed through the A pillar trim iin mine.

Tom Fenton

In my old 405 I had them in the top of the dash, Peugeot thoughtfully made a place for them with a grille. In a 205 I would put them at the top of the A pillars. Years ago I would have boshed a hole straight through the plastic trim into the a pillar and used a screw (self tapping, not wood, I have only ever used wood screws on a car once, and that's another tale). But these days with the trims getting increasingly scarce I'd probably try and come up with some kind of bracket to avoid cutting or drilling the plastic

allye

cheers! I do want to make a tidy job of it so hanging them from the A pillar is not a option, Everything from VAG has them in the doors so that cant be a horrendous place but not possible for us really. I dont think i can bring myself to drill holes in the dash, maybe on the centre console facing into the footwells.

Simes

Mine are at the bottom of the A - pillar, integrates the Focals nicely with the dash.

I sourced a spare set of A pillar trims!

GLPoomobile

Do you have leccy windows, and the round blanking plug where manual winders would be? You could whip that out and put the tweeters there. Are they the sort of tweeters that would look OK surface mounted? If so, maybe just adhere them to the standard speaker grills. Another option I've tried, which is a compromise on sound quality, is to put the tweeters behind the side air vents.

Wes

put my jl ones just under the vents.

DSCF0193_zps76a780b1.jpg

Edited by Wes