• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
imaS

Be3 Vs Be3R Synchros

imaS

I have a little used be3r gearbox that should have good synchros. Then I have a bit more used be3 4wd gearbox that needs better synchros. I am going to gut the be3r for parts but there is one difference that I found in the Peugeot spare part documentation.

According to Servicebox be3 and be3r gearboxes share same 3/4th and 5th gear synchros so those are interchangeable.

But then be3 gearbox uses part 232390 for 1/2nd gears whereas be3r will have 232389 or 2323e3. I found that all these three different synchros utilize same 1st and 2nd gears depending of the application so that indicates that they should work with both gearbox types.

So the main question is that did I make right conclusion, will those be3r 1/2 gear synchros work properly within a be3 box?

welshpug

for 1-2 the reverse gear is in the middle of the Synchro and has a different tooth profile in some boxes, also the oil path on the face of the synchro hub itself is different so you need to use the gears as well.

that's just what I have come across so far in the small handfull of boxes I've had apart and re-assembled, I'm not sure exactly what this would correlate to part number wise.

imaS

Well, the boxes were in pieces.

In this case all was just like Welshpug stated above. The reverse gear tooth profile was different.

Finally this meant that I did not want to utilize the 1/2 synchro for the 4wd gearbox because of the different tooth profile. If I had done that then it would have needed a different input shaft etc related parts.