• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
erbs

Radio Code Lost

erbs

i have misplaced my stereo code that was on a credit card sized bit of plastic

i have the serial number which is 0173694, would this be any use to find the code?

erbs

can anyone help me here?

Kane

Not sure whether the serial number will help or not but I think I remember seeing someone on here hook up the radio to a battery at home and manually go through the combinations one by one until they unlocked it.

mrfirepro

Jamie,

If it's the standard Clarion, they are coded by solder joints on the main board. Depending on how handy you are with a soldering iron you can put a different code in.

If you want to have a go at it http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=153104&page=14 post number 266 will help

Let me know if you want any more help.

I also think there are others that can get the code from the solder joints but I've never been able to figure it out.

Just like to add this worked for me but I don't know if anyone else has given it a try.

Have also since discovered that they all link to a common rail so your soldering does not have to be that accurate between links.

Edited by mrfirepro
  • Like 1

stumpyjag

I did all mine with the soldering method and they all work fine.

gizzmo

I am sure some one here can decode the stereo serial number, think it may be anthony

erbs

at the moment the radio is stuck,i tapped in what i thought was the right numbers and now its froze, i cannot clear the numbers, i pressed all the buttons and even disconnected from the car and powered it up and still stuck with the numbers i typed in

don't know whats going on now

Clarky3rdNut

I think you have to press the 'Band' button for up to 5 seconds after entering the code.

erbs

Ok so the stereo is still without a code, is there anyway of finding the code without having to spend hours dialling in numbers?

Tom Fenton

Just find somewhere local that can decode. Last one I had done was £15.

Clarky3rdNut

Cracking the code really isn't as daunting as it sounds. 1.5 hours max. Remember there are no zeros and only five numbers. 1111, 1112 ... 1115, 1121, 1122 etc.

erbs

all i remember is that it started with a 5 so less faffing about i would imagine

erbs

ok found it, when it was advertised the code was in the pic and i found it on the net

such an easy number too

5222 is the code, how did i forget this?

Telf

unbelieveable! I disconnected the battery and couldn't remember the code!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So its 2454 for future reference!

rhysmoore

Hi Guys, my clarion recently stopped working and seems to need unlocked. How do I go about trying these codes? Is there a particular way to input them?