• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondyshambles

Help! Injector Cap In Engine

bondyshambles

I have just removed the fuel rail and injectors and one of the caps has come off. I have removed this rail 3 times now with no problems before. I can see the cap but I am not confident of pulling it back through the hole. Can I undo the inlet manifold top bolts without undoing anything else to get enough play to reach in and get it or do I have to take it all apart? If so what is the procedure as mines a daily !!!

Slo

Get a cylinder vax take out the bag and suck it out on max should come out easy peasy

bondyshambles

I thought this. Excuse my lack of knowledge but if it disappears I take it that its a head off job or is it a case of turning the engine to make it become visible again? This feels like a silly question.

bondyshambles

Tried the vacuum and no good

cheesegrater

Did you ensure a good seal? Has it dropped into the bore or on top of the valves?

Edited by cheesegrater

Daviewonder

I used a bicycle spoke with a blob of grease on the end down through the hole.

bondyshambles

4 hours later...its out. Managed to get hold of some tiny tweasers and put glue on the end. I got lucky. I have one of them tiny cameras so I could see that the cap was resting on the stem of the valve. In the past I have taken the clips off the injectors when removing the rail. This means that sometimes the injectors have come out still on the rail and some have stayed in the engine basically meaning that the weakest point has given up first...hence never losing a top hat cap before. Just for future reference this may be the way to do it....if you only want a fuel pressure reg change.

Screenshot_2015-04-19-19-00-33_zps7yhhzi

Edited by bondyshambles
  • Like 1