• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Seblos

Seat Heaters

Seblos

I have recently looked at my seats in my CTI and removed some ugly and not working aftermarket seat heaters. The one who installed those seems to just have clipped the old cables straight off, but I connected them to the floor cables in what seemed the right way, though they do not seem to work. Might be that they were broke when the aftermarket parts were installed, but does anyone know how the connections should look and if I can check some things that may affect the heaters?

Worth to mention is that the aftermarket one worked a bit on the passenger side so electricity is definitely running through the cables.

Thanks in Advance!

/Sebbe

Ryan

How many wires are there in the seat? If it's just two then you should just be able to connect 12V and earth and see if they heat up.

Seblos

There are just two from the seats on each side but on the driver side there are 4 cables from the floor combining into 2 outputs through a screw terminal. The cables from the seats are black and grey. Are there any standard colouring for which is ground and which is power?

jackherer

A heating element will work the same with the polarity either way round.

fulani

Have you got a multimeter to test them?