• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrfirepro

Quintet Insert Fabric (Part 2)

mrfirepro

Following on from this topic http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=157532

As the above thread was locked before feedback for French suppliers of the Quintet fabric could be posted.

I hope we could post here the findings of not just the fabric but also the bolsters.

I have bought the Ramier Fabric from this supplier, who also do the what they call Quartet.

http://www.ctai-sellerie-collection.com/?page=205%20gti

I found the Ramier fabric to be a very good reproduction.

welshpug

I noticed that, rather childish of David to lock it.

Never mind, good to see you've found a good source that looks good enough to keep the concourse judges happy, going from my basic long forgotten schoolboy French, looks like an exchange refurbished set of seats in half leather is 2300 euros for front and rear?

That's about as far as I've got, as the site is constructed of images not text files I can't copy and paste into google translate!

jackherer

I just looked at the logs for that thread and he locked it yesterday at 14:03! Prior to that it had been unlocked since 1st June 2014 when I last noticed it was locked.

post-3-0-61510300-1426423643_thumb.jpg

Very odd behaviour, what's it all about David?

Slo

Jealous probably because someone is attempting a raining on his parade

GLPoomobile

Clearly not liking the competition. he should focus on his customer service skills instead. But then what does it matter when apparently this forum isn't his customer base! The french stuff looks top notch anyway.

Edited by GLPoomobile

joshsnoad

mrfirepro any chance of a side by side picture of the reproduction fabric next to the original. Very interested in this but would like to see the difference before I order. Thanks

Andy_C

Completely lacking in customer service and social skills. Sorry but just plain bloody rude.

Anyways will follow this Paul. I'm some way off sorting my seats but very interested :)

mrfirepro

Hi Josh,

Here's a few photos.

I think it's a very good reproduction, being very critical I would say the width of the red stripe on the reproduction is thinner than the original.

P1060172_666x500.jpg

P1060174_666x500.jpg

P1060175_666x500.jpg

P1060170_666x500.jpg

P1060171_666x500.jpg

I have sent an email and asked for a sample of the Quartet fabric

Slo

very impressive that :wub: quartet

Edited by Slo

welshpug

Stripe I think wouldn't be that noticeable if all the pieces were changed, is it just a single extra line of stitching that's missing?

mrfirepro

not quite like the original... :lol:

(Quartet that is...losing the plot me is..)

Edited by mrfirepro

Pugleyrich

That's really impressive. I look forward to someone posting pictures of their seats after having them refurbished with these. Does the fabric have a similar backing layer to the original?

joshsnoad

​That great cheers, i will be interested to see if the red has the same colour difference, but it looks pretty good to me. Also a quick question to anyone that may know. My 205 is a ph 1.5 1989 with the red quintet fabric, my leather is black but all plastics grey. Is the leather meant to grey on this model? thanks

welshpug

Quartet you mean :lol: yes it sounds about right for a late 89-early 90 registered G plate car, seats were one of the first "Phase 2" items to start being used, earlier in 89 would have the grey leather and Ramier with the single red stripe.

Rjuhar

Here's few pictures of the finished seats from their company...

post-17785-0-61077100-1426512135_thumb.jpg

post-17785-0-10123200-1426513510_thumb.jpg

post-17785-0-87606900-1426513523_thumb.jpg

post-17785-0-43738400-1426513531_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rjuhar

welshpug

one what?

Weser

Paul, Just wondered as you are in contact with these suppliers. Is there any news on whether they are going to be doing the phase 1, 1.6 gti insert material and bolster material?

looks like this:

1ADE9540-C3D4-42AB-BABD-AA009BBE399C_zps

2506CB1E-93D6-4EFF-9E6F-E2C73D623C7F_zps

8FF5F3F1-6F48-4867-BAD0-A835AF2C649C_zps

Just curious really as I could do with it at some point.

Rjuhar

one what what?

mrfirepro

Andy

I'll drop them an email and ask.

Weser

Thats great, thanks Paul!

trogboy

... the phase 1, 1.6 gti insert material and bolster material?

looks like this:

The bolsters etc, on the ph1 are in the same black cloth as was used later on the Rallye seats. Looking at the pic's above of the retrimmed Rallye seats I don't think that they've got a perfect match - it looks more like a velour. Still I'd be interested to see some close ups.

Ad

Tom Fenton

I have got a set of Dave Hickmans black cloth bolster covers. They look good BUT I have not had them fitted to the seats yet. Mine have green stitching to match my green seats but also available in red I believe.