• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
R.G_205

Rolland Garros Mi16 Strip And Rebuild

R.G_205

hay guys and welcome to my build another Rolland garros 205 but this time iv gone for a bigger choice in engine but still sticking with the alloy block light wight engine mi16.

started the build about a month ago resided to get started on anouther one as I had a few kicking about and the Rolland garros was in such a nick I thought why not give it another go and build my dream.

fully removed every nut,bolt,clip and part sand blasted the hole shell to remove all messy suffice rust and to prove d a good key for the spraying did my best to avoid the panel parts tho.

coverd the hole shell in a coat of red oxoid primer including the under neath this now has a coat of wax oil for protective perpesses and looks really nice and a good finish for the underneath.

pulled out a old 1.9 I had kicking around in the yard removed the rear axel and front subframe,arms and hubs also found some git6 brakes in the shed so gatherd it all together hand gave it all a dusting of the sand :) it all now has been also coverd in primer ready for a black finish.

post-17581-0-41736000-1426355491_thumb.jpg

post-17581-0-81316700-1426355557_thumb.jpg

post-17581-0-82444000-1426355769_thumb.jpg

Edited by R.G_205

R.G_205

all parts sprayed up ready to be bolted back on just rear axel to do

looking good so far just front cool overs left to do got some bad ass rockor ones I bught off the net years back cheap but very impressive on the road haha also got all me brake pipe and fuel pipe sorted fuel pipe upgraded to 8mm and is there a pump that will fit a 1.9 fuel tank that has a 8mm out let? going to be running throttle bodies and would prefer a bigger supply and as I'm looking for a new pump would any body know what sort of psi/bar I would need run to the fuel rial? going to be around 200 bhp (aiming for)

post-17581-0-29430500-1427826923_thumb.jpg

post-17581-0-88588300-1427826945_thumb.jpg

Edited by R.G_205

johnnyboy666

I got excited when I saw this thread title, but then I nearly cried when I saw you'd painted the shell! Are you going to repaint it the original colour?

I've got two Rolands myself at the moment, which I'm slowly fixing up. I've also been thinking about collecting some info on all the remaining Rolands, as there can't be many left now.

R.G_205

unfortunately it's not going back to its original colour but I will abit further down the line maybe in the next few years of having it on the road they sure are an awsome colour when there green it's going to be matt black and your probably going to hate me for what I'm doing to it then :s checker plate roof this weekend don't get me wrong tho it's going to be a good job all round

R.G_205

Managed to get th roof all sorted. Struts are sand blasted and sprayed get the engine bay sprayed up also Matt black ran out of paint to do the inside for now next stop engine fitted I want to get the bk ones any body know if there any good or to stiff for carbs I want it to be responsive just not banging and crashing and what's found to tune in better a pair of 40 dellortos or 40 webers I got the 4 but can't decide witch

artois7

pulled out a old 1.9 I had kicking around in the yard

You have these just kicking around!?

stef205

If you know the gulleys like I do and many others this isnt unusual!

R.G_205

Yeah got a few I'm just using g them all for spares to build mine they get used up well up our place always one of the lads needing somthing