• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dcc

Wiring Issue

dcc

Hi All

looking for some help with the STOP light not illuminating, the front wipers not working, when dipped beam is on I can put main beam/flash main beam on (this works if sidelights or no lights), no lights on dash for handbrake cables at all.

the oil pressure sensor is working as is the sender (small red illuminated dot on the gauge when engine is not running).

has been suggested that there is an earth fault - but I can't find it yet. Going to pull it all apart tomorrow and have a better look for the earths on the loom.

battery is brand new, alternator charging at 13.9v, the relay clicks for the wipers in the fuse box but nothing happens...

This isn't my car, I've done this as a favour for a friend with a dead engine and with the help of meirion we have built an engine, got it in and running sweet, but just these little gremlins to fix.

jackherer

The oil pressure light should also illuminate the STOP light so as it doesn't the STOP bulb is dead or the cluster has an internal fault, I don't think it can be anything else.

dcc

can't help but think its more than a coincidence though...