• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexRS2782

Front O.e Washer Jets - Replacements

AlexRS2782

As thread title, mine have started to show their age, so I'm thinking it's easier to just replace them along with fitting new tubing, etc, to make the most of the recent new washer pump and basically to freshen the whole system up.

After a bit of searching am I right in my assumption that the equivalent part number for the bonnet mounted jets is 6438.71 as they're the same size / shape and universal to most Peugeot models including the 306?

I've also seen the "mist" type jets which appear to be from the newer Pug range, but they appear to be a slightly different shape / size and I presume they'd look a bit more out of place on the bonnet compared to the standard round ones? Unless anyone has fitted them and found they were an improvement?

Many Thanks

farmer

I used Citroën Xsara ones am sure for the mist jets

cRaig

The Xsara mist ones are quite alot bigger than the standard ones, but I wouldn't say they look too out of place, plus they are easy enough to swap back if you decide you don't like the look of them. I prefer having decent mist jets though!

7563673754_f2098f80d9_z.jpg

Anthony

Do the Xsara mist ones aim at the right place on the screen when fitted to a 205?

I'm sure I tried a set and they aimed too low, but I know there's more than one type available which aim differently so it may be that I had the wrong ones to hand when I tried.

They do work well though as I've got them on my 306.

farmer

They worked well, can't remember OE number.

Didn't work on my auto bonnet though !

cRaig

Do the Xsara mist ones aim at the right place on the screen when fitted to a 205?

I'm sure I tried a set and they aimed too low, but I know there's more than one type available which aim differently so it may be that I had the wrong ones to hand when I tried.

They do work well though as I've got them on my 306.

I cant say I have noticed a problem with their aim, but as mentioned I don't know exactly which part number the ones I have are off the top of my head!

S@m

I'm using c3 Picasso mist jets, they have a different part number to the xsara ones I've used in the past but seem exactly the same.

With regards to aim, in the past I've swapped the same set of xsara jets from a 205 where the aim was fine and they were far too low on anothe.

Anthony

Thanks all - I'll give them another shot when I get the old girl back on the road :)

acox99

Do you have to modify the hole in the bonnet to fit them?

cRaig

Nope, the Xsara ones fit the standard holes :)

Ramigojag

I fitted two new genuine pug ones, none mist just the two jet type and they nozzles are so loose that they keep working themselves up and up and aiming off the screen no matter how many times i re adjust them

GLPoomobile

I hated the mist type. Aimed too low on mine. Affected by the typical variances of 205 panel alignment. Once I accepted that functionally I was probably worse off I soon started to hate the shape of them too.

welshpug

405 spray bars ftw :)

Alan77

Sewing needle in the sun visor to poke and rearrange the original wiggly nozzles ftw...

• Like 1

S@m

405 spray bars ftw :)

They have their issues too but are a decent solution, i've a set of BX ones in my garage that are slightly different and again have their own set of problems.

My favourite set up so far, which i have on my gti, is Berlingo van rear door jets clipped on to the wiper arms along with a C5 pump for a bit more pressure.

I may have put a little too much time into trying different washer jet set ups really :lol:, one i'd like to try is the fabled xantia rear set up.

Edited by S@m

AlexRS2782

Many thanks for the replies and thanks also to Craig for the pic of the mist type as they actually don't look too out of place on the bonnet tbh :)

On the basis of the pic, I reckon i'll give the Xsara mist jets a go in the first instance and see how the align. Worse case scenario if they don't align well enough, and it's not as if they're that expensive, I can just get a set of the 2 nozzle type and get adjusting with a pin when needed.

Henry Yorke

I had a 406 pump in my washer bottle and it had loads more power then the original 205 one. I went for the 2 jet ones as fitted on later 205's on an auto bonnet

stufarri

Just bought 2 pairs of these 1 for the GTI and another for the Goodwood. Good value on Ebay at £5.95 per pair posted.

Anthony

Careful, as some of the eBay ones aren't right despite what they're advertised as.

The folks over on 306OC have had issues with the eBay ones turning up incorrect and aimed at the wrong place on the screen.

stufarri

Ok thanks Anthony, I will update once they arrive and are fitted.

stufarri

The cheapo ones from Ebay spray onto the wipers not the screen so that was a fail, bugger!

Edited by stufarri

Anthony

Yep, that's the issue that the 306 owners were having - they're the wrong ones despite what they're advertised as.

AlexRS2782

After much deliberation I just went for the o.e dealer Pug 2 jet ones in the end - the originals seemed to have worked well enough for the last 24 years (with the odd adjustment with a pin) so seemed easiest just to stick with the same type again.