• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
East_Hud

Building A Wide Arch 205...advice...wheels...jacking?

East_Hud

G'day

For some reason have decided to go down the wide arch route on my 205. I Have a "dimma style" kit off an scrapped car (I know). I was after a bit of advice. Im going for a more rally style look as its stripped and caged already. I have full 309 front and rear set up so little bit wider. I really dont want to use spacers if possible.

1. Wheels - What wheels are people using? Any recommendations? Have seen the dimma st replicas for £400 each - bit too rich atm. Have considered banded steels (15 or 16) but not really the look I am going for. Seen the image wheels too...again a bit rich @ £300 each. At the moment the front runners are revolution RFX wheels - 15's 7" at the front ET0 and 8's ET-6 (Bout £580 for a set). I was really after 16's..so...basically

-Does anyone know of any alternatives I am missing? have searched A LOT but so far not a lot.

-Also with the 309 set up do you think I could get 9's (15's) on the rear? I know the dimma st site states max is 8's on the rears....(but for 16's)

2. Jacking - How do you jack up a dimma? bottle jack on beam or chassis? I was thinking of cutting a section out of the kit each side front and back for the standard jack and seal it etc. Anyone done this?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers Hud

dcc

colin satchell does a wide front and rear end for 205's iirc, but if £400 for some wheels is too much then I reckon you wont afford these (at a guess £4k for the kit).

jacking points are the same afaik :) so no idea how you've been jacking yours?

Just thinking out loud here, to do a good job you're going to be looking at a respray, properly bonding new panels (assume fibre glass), wheels, and guessing spacers, you're likely to be talking about 3k minimum to do it the 'quick and easy' way. realistically for the proper suspension gubbings and whatnot, I would say budget 7k minimum

• Like 1

East_Hud

Yeah its on a bit of budget! I am fitting it and respraying myself, It is only a track car/toy after all...and yes I think £400 a wheel without tyre is a bit steep.

I will likely get the revo wheels just wanted to see if anyone knew of anything else.

Re the jacking - surely the fibreglass kit covers the jacking points?

Cheers

rallyeash

Are you desperate to have a wide arch? Personally I don't like the look of a dimma. Bit 90's magazine...

If your just after wider wheels and a wider track why not use some wider fibreglass wheel arches to replace the GTI ones.

welshpug

This is probably as wide as a Dimma I think anyway, without the added weight of big arches.

205%20wide%20rear.jpg

East_Hud

Yeah totally know what ur saying bout the 90s thing.....but was lucky enough to have been dragged into the forest in 86 for the rac. The image and noise of the T16 has stayed with me ever since, wanted a wide arch since then, and got offered the kit for peanuts.

Mind you that one above does look mean as f**k! Do you know how wide those rears are? And are they comps on the front? Cheers

welshpug

plus 120mm front 80mm rear, they are TH's indeed on the front, those afaik are 8", the revolutions Colin runs are 9"s.

The rears are usually 7" wide Pro race 1.2's with hub spacers, better bet than a 309 beam as you can bung wider wheels on without rubbing the trailing arms.

http://www.maximotorsport.com/

Juttie205

Dimma was 90s styling at its best and still looks fantastic today but im bias.