• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Afm Connector Repair. Replacing The Terminals

ALEX

Thanks. Not sure which size I need .35 -1 or 1.5 to 2.5mm

jackherer

You want the smaller size for the AFM wiring. It refers to the wire size in square millimetres, you only need the larger size for wires carrying a lot of current.

• Like 1

hoodygoodwood

A very useful company to know about , some of those connectors might come in useful especially the quick release ones .Shame they do not do the protective rubber boot for the ignition coil loom connector .

Is there a special tool to crimp those terminals onto the end of the wire ?

ALEX

Connectors bought, there's a £12 minimum order, so ended up buying a few spare.

Hoping to use the same connectors to repair the wire from the ignition module to the dizzy.

Currently it has no earthing / sheilding wire.

Trying to think why it would need it anyway, other than improve the radio reception?

jackherer

The shielding is keeping noise out of the signal wire from sources like the HT leads. I think that wire is available from Bosch dealers and it's worth replacing it with a new one IMO, they are known to cause random engine cutouts and failures to start.

ALEX

The shielding is keeping noise out of the signal wire from sources like the HT leads. I think that wire is available from Bosch dealers and it's worth replacing it with a new one IMO, they are known to cause random engine cutouts and failures to start.

That I'll take some searching for not to mention It'll have to be bought through an Andrew Pages with their 1000% mark up added on top.

Must be a simple easy way to seild this wire, aftermarket style.

jackherer

H&H might be worth a go. I spent a while looking for the terminals for them with no luck at all, without those I can't see a way to repair or replace them.

ALEX

The connectors came yesterday, got a few exras FOC, Bonus! :D

Had a word with the sparky at work, says he might have some shielded wire to replace my currently un sheilded dizzy signal wire,