• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Trouble Removing Fender?

JR20516V

I have undone all the applicable bolts, removed the canister....however still cant see where i have to cut the glueseal to remove the fender completely. Any tips on what i am missing ?

205 1.6 gti passenger side

MikeC

PM me your e-mail address and i'll email you the thatchem methods manual for the 205

stu8v

Should be able to figure it out from this piccy, glue is all the way down the inner wing panel.

SDC12804.jpg

Slo

start at the front remove the indicator and while gently pulling outwards cut the mastic and it will peel away then the rest should manipulate away by wiggling

Anthony

It depends how enthusiastic the guy with the seam sealer gun at the factory was on that day - some are quite easy to remove, and others are almost impossible as so much has been applied.

Start with the indicator area as Andy says, then the lower part in front of the door, slowly working your way up and around the arch. A serrated blade can help with cutting the sealer if it's particularly thick, and above all, be gentle with the wing as they're quite flimsy and easy to bend/damage if you start pulling on it too hard.