• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tonym3

Thinking Of A 1.6 For My Next Project

tonym3

Hi all, I am currently thinking what to do for my next project.

I really fancy doing 1.6 to a really nice finish. I have had a number of 1.9's in the past good ones as well as not so good ones, but never really had a 1.6. My wifes first car was a G reg Black 1.6 so I would love to get one of these and restore to a great finish for her.

By luck a friend of mine called me up last week with a 1.6 in need of scrapping only downside for me was it is in Sorrento green which was not my first choice colour. Anyway it gives me a good donor car to strip down for parts and spares.

So im on the look out for a Black 1.6 in fairly good condition, would prefer a solid body with no rot, ideally with reasonable mileage, I do not mind if it needs some tidying as I intend on doing a lot of work to get it up to the standard I would want.

Anyone know of any about? and does anyone need any green parts? I will be keeping most of the bits but interior and body panels and anything that will not fit a black 1.6 can go.

Once the projects up and running I will be needing a lot of help so thanks in advance for any you may be able to give.

Tony

Daviewonder

Sounds good. My first car was a 1.6 GTI.

What year is the Sorrento 1.6?

artois7

Why does it require scrapping?

tonym3

I'm just waiting on the info now I think it's a K reg.

Unfortunately it's already been scraped on paper I'm just harvesting the bits before it gets crushed paperwork had already been done before I was asked about it.

I am having to do my bits at the scrap yard so there is no risk of it being on the road again.

welshpug

doesnt mean it has to go if its structurally sound still.

tonym3

I have tried but scrap yards arnt what they used to be!! all legit now have to show proof that its been scraped and for them its not worth the hassle or risk as they have already declared it. the car has a fair bit of rust so I do not think it would be the best base for a project anyway, but lots of decent trim and interior to make it worth stripping

welshpug

all it needs is a vic.