• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

Cv Joint Locked Over. Da Silva Driveshaft; Any Good?!

lagonda

Someone not far from me is breaking a 205 diesel; the driveshafts are made by Da Silva and have not had much use. I've checked their part numbers, 195T and 196T, which come up as suiting the 1.6 GTi and CTi (for 1989 but bizarrely the "103hp" model; they don't advertise one for a 115hp!) for 1989.

Firstly, the engine etc has been removed and dragged, resulting in the O/S driveshaft CV joint being locked over around 90 degrees, and won't return to the straight position (using only moderate force). Advice as to how to return the joint to the correct orientation without damage would be appreciated. Is any damage likely to have been caused to the joint?

Secondly, Da Silva is a new name to me, but their site shows they've been manufacturing transmission components since the 60s. Can anyone offer comment on the quality/longevity of Da Silva driveshafts?

lagonda

Oh well, I've got the driveshafts now. It was the inner joint that was cocked over....some judicious pushing and pulling aided by reasonably moderate hammer blows solved that.

No one come across Da Silva driveshafts? A French firm, perhaps they don't supply the UK market.

Also got a low water level sender. (tested and it works)...the one in my CTi hasn't worked since I got the car in 2003, so another improvement!