• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tk1405

Electric Diagram

tk1405

Hi all,

i don't suppose anyone has got a diagram or photos of where all the loom plugs go in the engine bay? I have done the school boy error of not making a note of where everything came off.

many thanks Tom

tk1405

I just thought i would add it is a 1.9 gti

Anthony

Regular non-CAT GTi?

Most of it is fairly self-explanatory to be honest as if you lay the loom out as it wants to go most of the plugs will only comfortably fit one thing. The only notable exceptions off the top of my head are the ECU temp sensor (blue), SAD (black) and reverse switch (white) 2 pin plugs that are all around the same area, and the various single wire spade connectors that connect to the alternator, starter, and the various dashboard switches and sensors. Of these, the thick blue is the starter and the thin brown the alternator - the rest can be ID'd be grounding them to the engine block with the ignition on and seeing which light illuminates or gauge moves.

Otherwise, it's fairly obvious - injectors are all batch fired so it doesn't matter which order you connect them (the wiring will typically want to "sit" one way though). If you've an old style wet coil, thick red is positive and the negatives are green from memory, whereas the later style coil just has a single brown 4-pin plug

Away from the engine, again, I think everything is obvious enough as all the light loom plugs will only reach and fit what they're meant to plug into if the loom is routed how it's meant to be.