• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

D Turbo Gearbox Queries

jamie_1992

about a year ago i toyed with the idea of putting a 306 d turbo engine in my xs but due to not having enough time i never did it. now i have a bit of time spare im thinking of taking it up again

i know i can use the 306 gearbox with 1.6 shafts to fit the base model hubs but i am thinking of using a 205 diesel gearbox to retain the push type clutch and am wanting to know what shafts to go for? i currently have gti subframe with base model hubs but i also have some 1.9 hubs i can use if it makes it easier.

would i also be right in thinking a 205 push clutch will fit onto the 306 d turbo flywheel?

thanks for any advice or any other suggestions you think i have missed

welshpug

you can swap the push mechanism into the XUD9TE gearbox and use a 215mm push clutch on the XUD9TE flywheel, you'd need to bung the 205 diff in it to use standard 205 shafts, be it 1.6 or 1.9.

205 clutch will not fit the XUD9TE flywheel.

jamie_1992

ah yes forgot about the swapping diff bit will any 205 diff fit in the 306 box or dose it have to come a 205 diesel box

welshpug

any 205 BE diff yes :)