• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

Sheared Subframe Bolt

Pugnut

yup the one that goes into the chassis leg .

after trying all sorts including welding a nut onto it, the little bugger dissapeared up into the leg . it must be some sort of captive nut that gets pushed through the larger hole just behind it ? if so then is it avaliable from the main dealer?

or am i majorly screwed ?? :(

sleeper205

no offence mate, but you're f*cked.

I did the exact same thing on BOTH sides!!!

i ended up buying a new shell.

and for everyone who knows how much effort i put into my red shell will know how pissed off i am.

i think i will keep my shell, cos it's garaged... my snapped bolts are also recessed up in the hole, and yes there is a captive nut in that little boxy bit.

the little boxy bit is actually spot welded onto the arch bit itsels, so you might be able to just replace them.

good luck mate.

p.s. if anyone wants my shell, pm me :(

Pugnut

i think in the worst case you could just weld the front of the subframe up permanently ? i mean mine has been since 1991 without needing to come out .

the holes look like you can just slip the new nut and cage up the larger hole and clip it in .

its not really that bad is it? :(

subframemount.jpg

jacobs53

oh dear, i had a friend who took his car to peugeot for a new front subframe, and they did the exact same thing...

The car went in for a new rear engine mount, but when they looked at the mount it had cracked, or something similar like that. So they replaced the whole subframe.

But they managed to fix it.

There must be a way of resolving this problem, its not a problem where you give up on your car, and throw it away. Otherwise peugeot would of revised the model or fitted a different type of bolt.

I think maybe soaking the bolt in WD40 for a few days will help for next time.

Go and ask one of the mechcanics at your local peugeot garage (don't bother going inside as the counter bloke, will try and make you bring it) usually the mechcanics seem very helpful

cheers lee - let us know on your progress

Guest Kev-G

Pugnut,

No problem - Knock the old captive nut and cage into the chassis leg and go to peugeot and get another. The new cage goes in via the square hole in your pic. - It does not get welded and simply clips in.

Cheers,

Kev.

sleeper205

my 205 has the 2 bolts up, 1 bolt down subframe mount, not like this.

Miles has told me it's the same as a 309.

Why are they different?

Guest Kev-G

Are you sure that it is a GTi shell - I have seen this on lower spec. shells before - This is the main difference in the chassis legs between the 2 shells.

Pugnut

cheers Kev , made my day . i'll do both sides if thats the case .

Pugnut

ok i recieved my new bits today . just bought all the bits , new bolts front and back and the caged nuts .

the caged nuts are 70p each but come in packs of five , i had to buy all 5 because its a non stock item .

anybody need any i've got some spare (3) but the bolts come single.

sleeper205

yes please dude!

Sign in to follow this