• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
neil54

Lights And Indicator Stalk

neil54

took the kids swimming this morning had to put the lights on but by the time i got to the gym and turned my lights off the stalk seemed sticky looking at it more closely it felt as if it was melting not hot but you know what i mean

why does this happen? happened to my first 205 but my new one was ok untill now

neil

Simes

I think that that is just years of grime, you'll notice there is more on the left than the right.

Pugnut

yup , get some kitchen clear or something on them and they should come up as fresh clean rubber.

Snowman

Mine have certainley worn away. As Simes says the left is worse but it's not something you can just wipe off.

Maybe the 'melting' is due to the hot air vent blowing on it??

Guest jonnie205

i agree every single 205 i have had has a scabby left hand column stalk can never work out why though and also i would like to say my 1992 car has a lights on buzzer

Simes
i agree every single 205 i have had has a scabby left hand column stalk can never work out why though and also i would like to say my 1992 car has a lights on buzzer

You use the indicator and lights more often than the wipers (Well we do down south anyway!!) :(

neil54

i've been using the wiper stalk more recently with all this rain we've been having

i'll try and clean it in the morning gonna do a mini service tomorrow anyway plugs leads etc

neil

Guest Gareth

my girlfriends 106 had this problem so badly i nearly crached it the other day... :P

i was driving along a straight bit of road for about 2 miles, started slowing down for the roundabout at the end, went to change down a gear and my left hand was stuck to the steering wheel so hard i ended swerving about 3 feet across the road!!! :o

all of the contols were the same. i think the previous owner must have been made of chewing gum or something!

i've replaced the wheel with a spare leather 205 gti one (although the indicators don't cancel now..) and cleaned the handbrake lever rubber and control stalks in hot soapy water and this seems to have done the trick.

just try not to think waht that goo is made of when you're scrubbbing it all off... yuk! :(

Sign in to follow this